what u guys think of the stanton turntables

Default what u guys think of the stanton turntables

Do they last long... do u recommened them.. or no...just wanna know ur opinions.. on this.. as i wanna get a set with a good mixer .... and are they gig material... can u take them to a club or any other gig u got...

t.60

t.80

t.120

or

just go with the technics.. haha

whats a turntable? that is like so old school.... haha just kidding...cant go wrong with a technics....go on craigslist they are mad cheap on there...or better yet...get a midi controller!

DELL XPS M1710 : MOTU Ultralite : VCI-100
    dirty electro funky hip house:eek:

Tech Guru

just get a 2nd hand technics 1200 - even if its 10 years old it will kick the shit outa a brand new stanton. 1200's are the workhorse of the DJ world. Solid as fuck, nice to play on, and look good 2.

Tech Guru

I sold my last pair of 1200s after testing the T.120s. I've had something like 4 pairs of 1200s over the last 20 years, so it's not like I didn't have something to compare them to. The 120 and 150 are the only acceptable Stanton tables, but they're VERY good decks. I like the 120s better because I don't need keylocking (it's in the DVS), and I LOVE the bump buttons. Same motor in both, though, so the feel is the same.

What are turntables?

Get the technics 1200. They will last you for years! My 1200 m3d's have at least.
    But if you want more control over your decks like more pitch, reverse, and lighter weight, go with Vestax PDX series. I'm savin my dough for Vestax PDX 3000 with MIDI input (...drooool)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I really like the Numark TTX's. They are solid build, good weight, +10%/25%/50% pitch shift, built in key lock, 33/45/78 rpm, interchangeable straight arm and S-arm they have USB out for recording vinyl to comp, can be line or phono... just all around great turntables :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I agree with nem0nic. The T.120/T.120c and 150 are really great!
    And also, adjustable pitch percentage, also +/- 8% like the Technics SL1200s
    (Hoping to get these someday when I have space for them)
    Last edited by tekki; 04-22-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: little bit of extra info
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

That's funny, I just read this great review on the Stanton STR8-150 at Scratchworx.com
    http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/str8-150.php

Down the road, if I want to connect a turntable or two to my Audio 8 for scratch control in Traktor, I will definitely have my eye on these.