I grabbed a Novation 25SL

Default I grabbed a Novation 25SL

hey everyone,

I was playing a house party this weekend and darouter crashed while I was mixing. Now I managed to keep my shit together but it totally ruined my night. haha. I know I know, grow up. Right? Anyway, longg story short...

I now have a Novation 25SL that I paid 240 for. Not bad considering the timing and such.

Basically I am setting goal to program the controller and come up with my own tsi. Its not hard to miss that it will be with Mr. Ean Golden's oxygen controller in mind.

I downloaded the template modifier and now I have a couple questions about setting it up.

If I wanted to set up all the controls as generic sliders, toggles, pads, encoders, knobs and keys would I be able to fit it all on one midi channel?

I dont quite know what I'm doing here.

for example: If I wanted a slider to operate as a slider, Would I just set the channel and then set the range from 0-127 and then when I program track with that function would it change the CC number accordingly?

would the knobs be similar only from -64 to 64?

how about the encoder?

Should I make them systex messages insteaD? or would that mean I'd need a darouter type program.

When I was playing with it last night its like I couldnt get all the controllers to response at once. Does it have to work across multiple ports to be fully functional?

All opinions are valuable.

if you have traktor 3, ean made a tsi for the novation sl a while back (not sure if it is still available) but if it is, and you have a copy of traktor 3 it may be a good starting point for you to build one for traktor pro.

Hey

Thanks for the response, but I only have a copy of traktor pro. I got some time to play around with it last night and I have a couple more specfic questions now:

What midi notes should I use for the toggles cause they dont seem to response in traktor. I have them put on notes C2 to G0 but they dont respond. Likewise, I can't seem to get the drum pads to act as triggers.

I managed to get the knobs working and the encoders acting as knobs and the sliders acting like sliders.

I managed to get some of the tranports assigned to the keys, it feels pretty good.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14858

this mapping does the job alright. its got a few bugs in it that i keep putting off correcting, ill probably do that tonight or tomorrow. at the very least if you open up the tsi and check the settings should give you the basics on how assignments in traktor would work with a remote