Unresponsive jog wheel
    Tech Convert

Default Unresponsive jog wheel

Hey all, iv owned my vci 100 for around 6 months now but iv noticed that the left jog wheel is becoming less and less responsive. for example if i were to spin it backwards, the track in deck A would only move a bar or two. has anybody got any ideas to what maybe the problem? to my knowledge there have been no spillages so im guessing its not water damage. Any help or tips wold be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Phil

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Not sure if it's what you need, but here's a good walk through on how to fix a stiff jogwheel.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/01/0...-on-a-vci-100/ it could also be that you just have some dust or something on your optical sensor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

my jog wheel sticks a lot. like if i touch it the light will stay red even when i take my hand off it. it makes it hard to beat match at all. does this tutorial help with that too?

Quote Originally Posted by theramine View Post
    my jog wheel sticks a lot. like if i touch it the light will stay red even when i take my hand off it. it makes it hard to beat match at all. does this tutorial help with that too?
    Before opening the unit, just make sure the touch sensitivity (there is a knob for each platter on the back of the VCI) is adjusted properly. How I have mine is that it takes a conscious touch to make contact, so that if I graze it or just get real close that it does not change the switch state (go from blue to red). These can go out of adjustment if the humidity changes dramatically or if the wheel is dirty.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

so if it stays at red without me touching it should i turn it more towards the max or min side if i want it to be less sensitive?

Towards the min.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

hmmm, iv run through that tutorial (thanks for the link btw) but unfortunately still no luck. any other ideas? or would you recommend i send it off to vestax as its still in warranty?

thanks again
    Phil