help needed with soundcard
    Tech Convert

Default help needed with soundcard

im using torq le and a xsession pro but my headphone input on my pc has broken, i bought a usb 3d surround sound adaptor to plug my headphones in so i could cue this way but i can't seem to set it up properly so i can cue through my headphones and use my speakers's also, someone suggested i download asio2audio i've done that but that just gives me alot of different settings to choose from in the master and cue settings? Is there anyway i can use my line out or in jacks on the back of my sound card on my pc to plug my headphones in? I've got all the correct mono to stereo splitter cables, or would it be easier just to buy usb headphones!

Thanks guys i hope u can help

Tech Wizard djcelebrityt@hotmail.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djianb View Post
    im using torq le and a xsession pro but my headphone input on my pc has broken, i bought a usb 3d surround sound adaptor to plug my headphones in so i could cue this way but i can't seem to set it up properly so i can cue through my headphones and use my speakers's also, someone suggested i download asio2audio i've done that but that just gives me alot of different settings to choose from in the master and cue settings? Is there anyway i can use my line out or in jacks on the back of my sound card on my pc to plug my headphones in? I've got all the correct mono to stereo splitter cables, or would it be easier just to buy usb headphones!

Thanks guys i hope u can help
    i think your headphones needto plug into sound card so you can assign them

Tech Convert

so i cant do that through the line in or out! How do i assign them!

If you're using more than 1 soundcard on a windows machine, you have to use asio4all. Set it as you soundcard in traktor, then you'll see a little asio icon by the clock in windows. This brings up the asio control panel, in there you can select which inputs/outputs you want available. Now go back into traktor and just try each input and output, since they just have generic numbers and not the names like you see in the asio panel, and select the cue one that sends a signal to your headphones, a master that sends to your speakers, and you should be good.
    Let me know if you have any problems, i might be able to make you a tutorial videos or something.