Levels in traktor pro... help please
    Tech Convert

Default Levels in traktor pro... help please

My output levels seem to be off.
    In traktor pro, I have both auto-gain and the limiter on, and usually set my levels so that that signal kisses the limiter. I record a mix, and when I look at the wave form in sound forge, most peaks seem to hit a limit around -4.0 db, BUT when i use filters, the levels spike up to 0 db and hit that limit.

I want to know why the limiter is limiting at -4 db on average and then 0 db when i hit those filters (i'm assuming resonance). When i look at my waveform of my recorded mix, shouldn't most of my big peaks be hitting 0 db?
    Kaifeng's YOUTUBE and SOUNDCLOUD

Tech Convert

I just figured it out, partially. The sound recorder comes before the main out in the signal chain, so I need to look at the level meter on the sound recorder to get accurate level readings (as far as my recording is concerned).

If this is the case, then that must mean the limiter never touches the signal that gets recorded through the sound recorder. does that sound right? If so... damnit >_<. I want to be able to record in traktor and have a limiter on the signal.
    Kaifeng's YOUTUBE and SOUNDCLOUD