CDJ-400 and traktor

Default CDJ-400 and traktor

anyone try the cdj-400 in traktor pro and scratching with them in usb midi mode, just wondering how it is i was looking to buy a pair.

Tech Convert

I have the 400's and Traktor pro, my overall opinion is they are awesome, but when using Traktor make sure you change the latency settings! they are set pretty unreasonably to start with from memory.
    I use this setup every week and love it!

$0.02

the only problem ive had with the 400s and traktor scratch pro is occasionally, when ending a loop ive created, the jog wheel stops working completely. im not even 100% sure that is what's causing it, as i received no responses on the native instruments forum.

this was on a win7 x64 laptop, and ive since moved to a mbp, so i havent had a chance to test that out.

that and it has a few odd keybinds initially, so be prepared to set up your own.

i have heard some people say the scratching is terrible? is this true?

Tech Convert

I have CDJ 400s with Traktor Pro. Scratching aint that great but I made a custom HID mapping which is fffffrreeshhhhhh if i do say so myself. If you want me to send it to you hit me up (will.danner@gmail.com).

Just to give you an idea about it I have some cue points 1-4 mapped to the fast forward and track skip (really good for beat juggling). Effects mapped to the top (where the effects are haha). Pitch bending, scratching, track search, and effect amounts on the jog. Some browser stuff up on the search knob. Etc. Etc.

Tech Convert

I might have to get myself that HID mapping

Be expecting an email! been trying to do my own but it sucks, lol