Traktor giving me major CPU spikes. :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by epsy View Post
    I've looked online and found this to be a problem for others. Unfortunately everything from updating gfx drivers, turning off wifi, doing a fresh re installation of windows 7 has proven to be no avail. It used to work absolutely fine and has for at least 7 months.

The cpu spikes to 100% while running one deck and continues to spike @ 100% even after I turn the deck off! This is a literal show stopper and I have alot of huge gigs coming up. I'm tearing my hair out over here. Any help is massively appreciated.

I have used DPC Latency Checker and found that I am getting a huge spike in the red once every 60 seconds or so. It seems so far that the only driver in device manager I can disable and keep it from spiking into the red are the drivers for my focusrite saffire. A bit counterproductive since I need it to run traktor, dont you think?
    cpu spec?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by theRoyal1 View Post
    Part of the problem is that people install and use traktor in their already bloated rig.

So many install all this crap that runs simultaneously, checks for updates in the background and just interferes with the traktors needs.

IMO, Setup a Dual Boot, install TRAKTOR ONLY and deactivate all the BS you don't need in W7.

If you are serious about these gigs coming up, then you should be serious about the setup of your rig.
    this guy knows what hes talking about

when i get my laptop to practice spinning. the laptop will only have one program and that will be traktor scratch pro. no anti-virus, prob no browser. nothing.

if you want a very stable windows.... i suggest windows 2000 but i'm not sure if traktor works on win2k but when i get my i7 core laptop....i would prob test it on windows 2k because theres no other OS as stable as win2k... linux would be next in line next to win2k when it comes to stability.

Traktor DJ Studio System Requirements

PC: Windows 2000/XP, Pentium/Athlon 1 GHz, 256 MB RAM; Recommended: Windows XP, Pentium/Athlon 1.6 GHz, 512 MB RAM;

but it doesnt mention win2k for traktor scratch pro or non-scratch, not sure why. but when i get a laptop, i will put win2k on it and test traktor scratch pro regardless.....because nothing is more stable than win2k. then next would be linux which traktor dont work for linux. but yeah thats about the only OS's that its stable on. if your worry about CPU, get a quad core cpu. or the i7. im thnking of the i7.

if i was to take my laptop to gigs. the first thing i would want is the most stabled laptop in the world and if you know about comp hardware like me then you will have it!
    Last edited by cutflow; 07-24-2010 at 10:12 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post

Traktor DJ Studio System Requirements

PC: Windows 2000/XP, Pentium/Athlon 1 GHz, 256 MB RAM; Recommended: Windows XP, Pentium/Athlon 1.6 GHz, 512 MB RAM;
    Thats for Traktor 3.

Is he using T3 or TPRO..I didnt see which one guys..?

Specs for Pro.
    Windows® XP (SP3, 32 bit) or Windows Vista® (SP1, 32/64 bit) or Windows® 7 (32/64 bit), Pentium® IV or Athlon 1.4 GHz (SSE1), 1 GB RAM

On the point of stability. Myths and Legend are fun but the reality is that Traktor is stable on all OS and all versions, Mac or PC.
    Win 7 is great if you get rid of the crap running around and causing havoc in the background.
    Seriously, background colour changes??? All that cosmetic stuff should be the first to go.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Thats for Traktor 3.

Is he using T3 or TPRO..I didnt see which one guys..?

Specs for Pro.
    Windows® XP (SP3, 32 bit) or Windows Vista® (SP1, 32/64 bit) or Windows® 7 (32/64 bit), Pentium® IV or Athlon 1.4 GHz (SSE1), 1 GB RAM

On the point of stability. Myths and Legend are fun but the reality is that Traktor is stable on all OS and all versions, Mac or PC.
    Win 7 is great if you get rid of the crap running around and causing havoc in the background.
    Seriously, background colour changes??? All that cosmetic stuff should be the first to go.
    i would still be interested in trying TPRO on win2k and what i'd do is when the time comes and i get my laptop i would have both win xp and win2k installed and have TPRO on both.

as far as stability goes. if i was to take my laptop to gigs such as he and other dj's. i'm the type of person who likes to play it safe. so therefore i will modify in the ways i can to get the laptop to project stability and thats just the person i'm =X

Tech Wizard

I figured out the problem. My cpu fan was broken.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    i would still be interested in trying TPRO on win2k and what i'd do is when the time comes and i get my laptop i would have both win xp and win2k installed and have TPRO on both.

as far as stability goes. if i was to take my laptop to gigs such as he and other dj's. i'm the type of person who likes to play it safe. so therefore i will modify in the ways i can to get the laptop to project stability and thats just the person i'm =X
    Yeah, tweaks are defintely needed for some OS but the point i make is that any supported OS can run Traktor really well as long as it is setup correctly.
    Win7 , Vista, XP can all run Traktor systems if they arent clogged up with uneeded services and applications.

Stability should never be an issue.

Playing it safe is the only way to do it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by epsy View Post
    I figured out the problem. My cpu fan was broken.
    the free program called speedfan can tell you the temperatures and how fast your fans are running

Good thing you found the problem.
    I play at a local bar on occasion and the booth is elevated appx 15 feet near the ceiling. Heat is a serious issue and i've had to cut my first set there short after 2.5 hours of play.
    Though I won't recommend installing any sort of polling software like temp/fan monitors as their service could cause DPC problems. It's a good idea to be mindful of such things with periodic checks with your fingers and nose. smell something burning--feel really hot airflow?

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12