Traktor giving me major CPU spikes. :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor giving me major CPU spikes. :(

I've looked online and found this to be a problem for others. Unfortunately everything from updating gfx drivers, turning off wifi, doing a fresh re installation of windows 7 has proven to be no avail. It used to work absolutely fine and has for at least 7 months.

The cpu spikes to 100% while running one deck and continues to spike @ 100% even after I turn the deck off! This is a literal show stopper and I have alot of huge gigs coming up. I'm tearing my hair out over here. Any help is massively appreciated.

I have used DPC Latency Checker and found that I am getting a huge spike in the red once every 60 seconds or so. It seems so far that the only driver in device manager I can disable and keep it from spiking into the red are the drivers for my focusrite saffire. A bit counterproductive since I need it to run traktor, dont you think?

Tech Mentor

check the battery controller in the device manager. disable them one at a time and keep an eye on the DPC. my problems turned out to be that. the PC send a signal to the battery every 15 sec or so to check the level. i was literally getting a spike every 15 sec of 2k+. disabled the device that controls that and magic.

Tech Mentor

i had the problem on my laptop. i believe it to be windows 7. i dual booted to xp and it works fine. you might consider doing the same

This could be Aero related. Try using a "basic" Windows theme or disabling desktop composition for Traktor Pro.

To disable desktop compostion:
    1. Right-click on the desktop icon for Traktor and choose Properties.
    2. Click on the Compatibility tab.
    3. Put a check next to "disable desktop composition".
    4. Click Apply and OK.
    5. Launch Traktor. You'll get a message saying your graphics have changed. Click the message and choose "don't show this message again".

Do you still have spikes?
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Quote Originally Posted by epsy View Post
    It used to work absolutely fine and has for at least 7 months.?
    big question is, what has been changed recently?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

if dpc showing spikes every 60 sec it could be your WIFI
    turn off all wifi and bluetooth or infrared devices in the computer if you have them.

most likely is a wifi network trying to find networks to connect.

if its not the wifi or bluetooth open device manager and disable every hardware not necessary to the uses of traktor

proceed by elimination you should be able to find whats the pb

hope this helps

Wifi was my main issue. Also saw a little spike when my desktop background changed every minute, so it may be wise to disable that if you use it...
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Convert

Part of the problem is that people install and use traktor in their already bloated rig.

So many install all this crap that runs simultaneously, checks for updates in the background and just interferes with the traktors needs.

IMO, Setup a Dual Boot, install TRAKTOR ONLY and deactivate all the BS you don't need in W7.

If you are serious about these gigs coming up, then you should be serious about the setup of your rig.
    Last edited by theRoyal1; 07-24-2010 at 12:22 PM.

theRoyal1.com
    | YouTube | MySpace

HP HDX18t Q9100 8GB DDR3 | Korg Zero 4 | 2x 1200mkII | QSC HPR152i + 181i

^^^
    +100000000000

I've been preaching this for years (since Final Scratch 1.0)

I have NEVER had an issue with my rig... more people should follow this advice. (Mac or PC)

The way I see it, your machine should be purpose-built for DJing if that's what you do. dual booting to a DJ only partition is smart... for those of you who don't have the quid to spend on a "DJ ONLY" laptop, I'd say theRoyal1 is on the right track.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by theRoyal1 View Post
    Part of the problem is that people install and use traktor in their already bloated rig.

So many install all this crap that runs simultaneously, checks for updates in the background and just interferes with the traktors needs.

IMO, Setup a Dual Boot, install TRAKTOR ONLY and deactivate all the BS you don't need in W7.

If you are serious about these gigs coming up, then you should be serious about the setup of your rig.
    thumbs up and +1

also on another note is it 32 or 64 bit Windows 7. Sounds weird but I have had far less problems (almost none) in Traktor with Windows 7 32-bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast