F#$%cking iTunes!!!! (well...maybe) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You could try to open it with Audacity and the exporting out as an mp3.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

<< wants to choke Steve Jobs...

so I got a free id3 tag editor. It tells you the id3 tag version, which was 2.3 so i changed it to 2.4 alas nothing.

bmo what is it that im supposed to change exactly?

AH!!!!!!!! Victory is mine!!!

Option #1
    I had this very same problem. Its worth finding out what type of tags are on the file. If they are APEv2 it causes massive problems on itunes. use mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/) to remove tags if this is the case. You then have to re-tag the mp3's and all should be fine

I was having the same exact problem-- had a set of mp3's that I OWNED (didn't buy from iTunes or other), and they absolutely would not import into iTunes. I downloaded and used the recommended piece of software above and found that one of the mp3's from the album was IDv3 2.4. The rest were IDv3 2.3. I stripped the tags off of all of them and replaced with all IDv3 2.3, and viola! Worked fine! Thanks for the tip!
    This one's kinda a lengthy process because you need to delete all tags (which you can do as batch) but you need to re-enter all the info which is a giant pain in my arse.

Option #2
    I had the exact same problem with misc different mp3 files, but thanks to this thread the problem was solved! The info here is correct about the problem being due to the id3 tags. The problem was solved by opening the files in Winamp (I'm using Vista), pushing alt-3 with the song highlighted, and unchecking the "Include ID3v2 tag in file" box. At that point the file can then be added to the iTunes library.

Thanks everybody!
    Good ol' winamp. Okay I had actually unchecked "include ID3v1 tag in file" and it seems to have worked. Good thing with this is, if ID3v1 has artist/song info you can copy it over with ONE click of a button over to ID3v2 and vice-versa.
    Also ID3v1 Tags suck balls cause the track names are very short.

The way I do it.. Okay...take the file that won't import into iTunes. Play it in winamp, highlight it and press alt + 3. Turn off BOTH ID3's. Play it in iTunes (this somehow "resets" it and adds all the info in ID3v2), after this go back to Winamp...press alt + 3 again. Under ID3v2 it'll have the info that you can change. Voila.
    Last edited by GrimFandango; 07-26-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Strange, Iv'e never had that problem. Do you use the Beatport Downloader? Whenever I buy tracks off Beatport I'll use the Beatport Downloader and it sends all the tracks into a folder. From there I'll just drag and drop my new tracks into iTunes.

yea i have it, have yet to use it however.
    I don't think it has anything to do with it though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12