Just purchased some Numark NDX 800 (waiting for delivery)

Default Just purchased some Numark NDX 800 (waiting for delivery)

Anyone else use these? I typically don't drop coin on an untested bit of kit but found 2 new units for about 640USD+tax. The general consensus on most of the e-pinions i read were inconclusive at best...some of the vids on youtube presented the cdjs in a rather positive light though. fingers crossed

They should arrive sometime next week...maybe Wed. I'll post back my initial thoughts and answer any questions you all may have.

Post a review if you get a chance. Reviews online are all over the place on these things.

Tech Wizard

hi space monkey what do you think of the ndx800 thinking of getting a pair cant make up my mind would you recommend them?
    cheers beefy

Yes, they have served me well. The only complaints I have are:
    - Jog surface isn't tacky enough and doesn't provide a good grip
    - LEDs when playing CDs are lame
    - Play/Cue/Pause buttons look toyish
    - Setting up Cues seems awkward

I do like the scratching ability and there is no drift. The BPM counter is pretty decent. MP3 playback is pretty good. Pretty good bang for buck.

What does the pitch control feel and handle like ? Im looking for a pair of cdjs for home use, how solid do they feel, people say htis unit is comparable to the cdj 800 ?
    2 Technics SL1210mk2/DDJSX2/Serato//Traktor//Mixvibes Cross//Rekordbox//

Tech Student

i have upgraded my numark ndx 800 with the recent firmware (028) but some problem occurred in the process, now freshly installed the firmware again but No CD getting inserted, player works for couple of mins in USB Master mode then hangs & same problem as a USB Midi controller, can you suggest me any remedy for that ?? please reply if u can sort this problem.I am not from US, so its virtually tuff for me to receive any help rather than mails and tech support.