Loveparade panic kills 10 people - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Psychofrakulator View Post
    To be fair, they did this to prevent an even bigger panic. Otherwise everybody had tried to go home at the same time or even had started a riot, which definitely had caused way more trouble!

Also it pisses me off that Dr. Motte (original founder of the Love Parade who has nothing to do with it anymore since 10 years or so) is now apparently giving hundreds of interviews where he comes across way too schadenfroh, because he now has a good reason to publicly critizise the parade for something better than: "They totally sold out".
    yeah a riot would have happened if they stop the music which is why shit it had to keep going.

the problem with this is that, I DONT THINK the crowd outside the party should "see" any access to the party without paying. AND OR they should not see the stage or the people partying. it should all covered up and none of this would have happened. they also need to control the entrance with one of those train-station entries like the pic below

SAFEST WAY FOR A FESTIVAL TO GO ^^^^ so no one has to go crazy to get in for free. and these type of people are provoked when the party/stage are visible from the line of where you pay to get in. then they want to find a method[way] to get in without paying.
    ----------
    edit
    -------
    festivals should have that type of entrance PER person. and the unpaid customers who are in line should not be able to see the party. and this should be a much safer party without people tryin to jam secruity all rushing down the line just to get in.

Well, the Love Parades have always been on a REALLY open areal. Which means (despite some of the usual gates and fences) in the middle of a big city. You could reach the main place from every direction, doesn't matter which way you picked. 2008 in Dortmund you had to go through a tunnel too, but you could also go left, right or even use the bridge OVER the tunnel and go to the main stage from every other direction. This time it was from what I saw a very small and very closed area, that you could only reach (and leave) through one way. But the biggest mistake was that they, when they decided to not let anybody in anymore, closed the END of the tunnel and not the BEGINNING. They shouldn't had let anybody inside the tunnel anymore and I got no idea which dumbass had the brillant idea to trap these thousands of peopleby closing the only exit! Seriously, there was a lot of bullshittery going on this year.

That sucks. Crowd surges are crazy scary. If you have ever been in one you already know. You can blame the event planners all you want because in the end they are liable but the people pushing in the back are the ones at fault. I will never understand why people think its okay to push when it is already obviously overcrowded. Stupid. A senseless loss of life and for what? a fuckin party. What a shame.
    Last edited by Redlight; 07-24-2010 at 05:10 PM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Psychofrakulator View Post
    Well, the Love Parades have always been on a REALLY open areal. Which means (despite some of the usual gates and fences) in the middle of a big city. You could reach the main place from every direction, doesn't matter which way you picked. 2008 in Dortmund you had to go through a tunnel too, but you could also go left, right or even use the bridge OVER the tunnel and go to the main stage from every other direction. This time it was from what I saw a very small and very closed area, that you could only reach (and leave) through one way. But the biggest mistake was that they, when they decided to not let anybody in anymore, closed the END of the tunnel and not the BEGINNING. They shouldn't had let anybody inside the tunnel anymore and I got no idea which dumbass had the brillant idea to trap these thousands of peopleby closing the only exit! Seriously, there was a lot of bullshittery going on this year.
    oh then my solution would be useless in that point. my solution would be great if it was applied to only one entrance of the party. and the party couldnt be seen until paying admission, and passing through the entrance then walk further down, turn left and then u see the party.

In a stampede this dosen't prevent people from dying. Better organisation does.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hoxoboxo View Post

In a stampede this dosen't prevent people from dying. Better organisation does.
    yeah well something like that in the first place can control how many people can enter the festival at a time. this would be a better method than having just 6-12 secruity guards who can be pushed by 50 people in one time. something like that will make those think twice being doing something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    yeah well something like that in the first place can control how many people can enter the festival at a time. this would be a better method than having just 6-12 secruity guards who can be pushed by 50 people in one time. something like that will make those think twice being doing something stupid.
    If you have 10.000 people in front of you you can't see the gates. Gates are fail in the first place when dealing with 1.000.000 people.

Loveparade has one massage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyvtS1MSTV4

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hoxoboxo View Post
    If you have 10.000 people in front of you you can't see the gates. Gates are fail in the first place when dealing with 1.000.000 people.
    i understand what your saying. the planners are at fault. hopefully they'll learn from they're mistake. And next time have better control over how people get in the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    ithe planners are at fault. hopefully they'll learn from they're mistake. And next time have better control over how people get in the festival.
    Hopefully they will have a festival next year.

Killing livestream is not cool. I hope they put it up real soon. Black ribbon on the side would be apropriatte. (sorry for my spelling, i'm a bit drunk)

I was there spinning on a float that had been positoned about 1 Kilometer away from the main area. It was a little park area. We were placed there as a sort of buffer, so the massive stream of people trying to get to the main area would spread out a little.
    When the news about the disaster came everybody was very insecure about what to do. DJs, promoters, security and officials. Even that tiny park was packed with people, I guess it was a crowd of 7000 or 8000 people or so. In the end, although we desperately wanted to stop, we had to keep on playing for a very long time, until officials finally gave us the Okay to stop way past midnight. Apparently they were scared that all the people would get pissed off or would panic as well. I can tell you that, although I was a long way away from the disaster, these were my saddest moments of DJing ever. People die and you have to make sure that thousands of others have fun and party, so they don't put themselves in a potentially dangerous situation. Man, there will be a lot of sleepless nights coming.

My condolences go out to all the families of those who got killed or hurt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast