My Midi Fighter Mod
    Tech Mentor

Default My Midi Fighter Mod

Its been a while i posted a start to this mod at the beginning of the year but i cant find the original post. Started this mod yesterday got the top plate cut to size and a few holes in the top, this is the basic design. Hopefully ill get it finished at the end of the month. I need some help with wiring up the faders cant seem to get any readings out of them. There is 4 places to add wires they say 1,2,3 and blank. Any help will be appreciated. the part code is

1440015 5 Refer Web 7.10 KNOB, SLIDER, 14X11MM, 4X1.2 SHAFT; Knob CP-L3 MULTICOMP

from http://au.farnell.com/

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Sorry dude that part number is for your cap not the fader itself...

Tech Mentor

My bad here it is 8796173 ***4 **********Refer Web ****27.72 ******POTENTIOMETER, SLIDE, 10K; Track Resista *EWAQ12C15B14 **PANASONIC

Tech Mentor

Here is link to product info sheet. http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/31791.pdf

Ok - Connect the AX (can be A1-4) to pin 2, the GND to pin 3, and the 5V to pin 1.

This should get a signal going, if it is upside down (ie 127 when fader is down) then either rotate the fader or swap 5V & GND

Tech Mentor

i wired it up like you said but no luck. there are 2 points for every number on the slider do i need to connect both them up or just 1. I know the points on the midi fighter work i have connected a pot up to it and got signal.

In the data sheet one side is labeled VR 1 make sure you are wiring to that side?

Tech Mentor

ok did a heap of work on it today this is how it looks. Still cant get any signal out of the faders. Wired it to the side it is sposed to be. I pulled out the multi meter and cant get any results. When i wire it up i put my finger on connectors 1,2 and it gives a control reading which i think if from my fingers conducting electricity. Giving me the shits.

Tech Mentor

newest photos

Tech Mentor

i have a pro x-fade in my vci-100 at home is it possible to use this on the midi fighter.