Numark djio & netbook problems

Default Numark djio & netbook problems

I've been tryin to get my djio to work with my Toshiba NB305 netbook running Windows 7 home premium 32bit. The newest drivers (2.9.13) don't work at all. The audio plays very slowly and goes in and out. Then, I tried the old drivers (2.8.9). I got the WDM (windows driver model) drivers to work and could play stuff in windows (itunes, youtube, etc.) via the djio, but the asio driver still didn't work. At first I thought it was that my netbook usb just couldn''t handle the djio, but the fact that the WDM drier worked proved that theory wrong. I can't use the WDM driver with traktor or ableton either. When I try to play audio via the djio with the old asia driver, it won't allow me to adjust the buffer size in ableton or traktor and then they give me error messages about how its not working properly/not compatible. I've done a lot of searching to figure this out. I read somewhere that netbooks tend to have IRQ problems, but I'm not sure how to go about fixing that if it;s the culprit. Help me please. This is super frustrating.

I wanted the vestal but the only real differences i can see are that the shift button almost doubles the functionality, the buttons have did colors, the jog wheel is touch sensitive and it has no sound card and is alto more money..

Tech Guru

I have a DJIO but I don't know how to help you...
    I use it with a Dell Vostro 1310 with Windows XP SP3, and it's not a netbook
    I can post my settings to you when I get home, maybe it would help you somehow.

Tech Convert

Yesterday I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 and the new 2.9.13 DJIO driver. The sound is ok, seems to work fine (thru ASIO) so I think there is something else wrong with your system, but.... I have one hellava spike every so often in driver latency somewhere (off the chart spike). I never had this before and wondering if it is the new Numark driver, or a Bootcamp 3.1 driver (yes this is a Macbook Pro). I will do some more investigating when I have time.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Make sure bluetooth and wifi are turned off.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

sorry for my ignorance, where do I turn them off exactly? I assume that just not selecting a wi-fi network or bluetooth device is enough, I need to turn the drivers completely off somehow. Also, I heard that polling the LAN can take up resources too (or is that old info?)

Tech Convert

update... drivers can be accessed through the device manager. Turning off all networking services completely solved the issue.

Tech Student

Default Numark and Wifi adapters!

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Make sure bluetooth and wifi are turned off.
    Hey man! thanks for the advice, I'm new in the DJ arena and still learning. I got same issues with sound and windows 7 even with the new drivers from numark website. but I never would imagine that my usb wifi adapter even the built in wifi was conflicting with my numark DJ IO. I disabled both and bam! sound came back again. I enabled them both after I got the sound back and still got sound! not sure what that would be but it's working now. thanks a lot!

BTW my system is:
    VDJ Pro 7
    Numark DJ IO sound card
    Gateway 1.8 GHZ
    1 Gig RAM (I will upgrade with more ram for sure)
    windows 7