Korg Kaoss Pad Mini..Great, but low volume?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Korg Kaoss Pad Mini..Great, but low volume?

I just got a Korg Kaoss Pad Mini and trying it with my VCI/Itch combo and works sweet! ...but the volume seems low from the Kaoss Pad. I am running it on power supply to. I then run it direct from the VCI-300 and loud. Any ideas?

Tech Wizard

I have this same problem when linking it through my DJM600, the only way i've fixed it is to route it through my efx500 and put the volume up - it is really annoying.

Tech Guru

Well for me it is totally un-usable then and will return it.
    I have hooked it directly (direct in) from my dj mixer to the rca ins and then out from the KP to the main and there seems to be quite a low volume
    level...cannot even get a green/red level to the main mixer. I then disconnected the KP and went directly to the main house mixer and was loud and normal. I even tried to raise the gain on the main house mixer and it does not do so much, but add noise. I am running this on an external power supply too.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Well for me it is totally un-usable then and will return it.
    I have hooked it directly (direct in) from my dj mixer to the rca ins and then out from the KP to the main and there seems to be quite a low volume
    level...cannot even get a green/red level to the main mixer. I then disconnected the KP and went directly to the main house mixer and was loud and normal. I even tried to raise the gain on the main house mixer and it does not do so much, but add noise. I am running this on an external power supply too.

bento explain this in one post the reason that this happens id because the signal that the mini korg throw out is weak......

The midi KP is a toy that does horrible things to your audio quality!
    The audio signal it puts out is weaker than a signal a decent audio card will put into it, this is because it converts the audio to digital and then back into analogue. The actual soundcard inside of the KP isnt that crash hot. (words by BENTOSAN)

Tech Guru

Yes, the unit is a toy..home use only

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Yes, the unit is a toy..home use only
    They are good to attach to your ipod for a bit of fun though

Seriously though even if the signal strength was stronger id still stick away from them due to the limitations of the audio routing you can do with it.
    Ideally it would be on a send channel but then you really start adding up latency when your loop it back though your pc for master FX, really i advise everyone to move away from hardware fx units alltogether in favor of customised midi devices to control internal fx on your pc.

Then again i am a picky bastard when it comes to this sort of stuff

If only this device also put out midi, id think it was awesome haha.

Tech Guru

I feel quite ripped off.
    I agree computer FX are better,but I have no way to route my audio from Itch..I'm trying to get Traktor Pro going and mini.trans. I wonder if the Kaoss Pad 3 is as low and shitey audio.
    Last edited by claudek; 11-15-2008 at 04:29 AM.

Hmmm i had considered this setup. Not if its crap tho.
    Ive ordered my VCI 300, and i would love to have some sort of FX solution for it. Yeah, maybe a fully blown kaoss pad might do the trick. But its another big additional cost!

Tech Guru

Maybe wait a little on the hardware fx as I feel soon Itch will have audio out and sync for Ableton Live. We see...
    Also hope soon a real good Traktor Pro tsi for use with mini.trans as it works pretty darn good so far. Whatever, do not get a Kaoss Pad Mini.

Tech Wizard

I used to have a KP3 and even the sound output on that was pretty poor + noisy...I had to have my Novation nio cranked up all the way + the Volume on the KP3 to get loud enough volume from it in a club enviroment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast