First Big Room Gig Advice?
    Tech Student

Default First Big Room Gig Advice?

I have been DJing private parties for a year or so with maximum attendance of around 300. I have been booked to warm up a halloween circuit party at the House of Blues. I am looking for some advice on how things will sound/ feel to me on the stage opposed to being on the same level as the crowd.

If you step too far back from the monitors, you will notice alot of bounce back. If this is the House of Blues in Hollywood, this wont be that much of an issue. What you will definitely notice is that the bass is not felt as much in the chest as it is in the feet. If you have trouble feeling the kick, take off your shoes; no one will notice
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    If you step too far back from the monitors, you will notice alot of bounce back. If this is the House of Blues in Hollywood, this wont be that much of an issue. What you will definitely notice is that the bass is not felt as much in the chest as it is in the feet. If you have trouble feeling the kick, take off your shoes; no one will notice
    I have also played at the HOB on sunset, and please where your shoes! One thing I do recommend is to where light colored clothes, being that its halloween it might be tough. The stage lighting and spot light will have you sweating like a pig!

Also being on that stage you get a birds eye view of the whole venue, so being elevated is going to help you read the crowd better. You might be nervous that night when you hit the stage, but remember to have fun cuz that set will go so fast.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    If you have trouble feeling the kick, take off your shoes
    In before "It's All Gone Pete Tong".

Set your monitor levels safely and correctly, trust them over any other sound you hear outside of your headphones, and take it easy on your ears.

Tech Student

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.