New to Digital Setup
    Tech Convert

Default New to Digital Setup

Hey Guys..
    I just purchased some Mackie Thumps 15-a and will be purshasing the Hercules RMX controller or the Vestax VCI 100 or 300
    The question I have is, how do I make all of this work. Where do I hook up in the controller to get sound to the speakers when there is no XLR from the controller?
    Or what other controllers would you recommend that aren't an astronomical price. I play now with OTS Turtables and I am familiar with Traktor.. I dont like Traktor, and I have seen Serato Scratch and Itch. The only thing is you cant setup a playlist with any of those.
    Last edited by Dravery1; 07-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Adapter cables. For the RMX and the VCI-300 you would need RCA to XLR cables. For the VCI-100 you would need a sound card first then and adapter cable to go from that to the speakers.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thanks that makes sense. Would you recommend those controllers or something else?

I use a VCI-100 and an Audio 4, so I would definitely recommend that. If you aren't going to hook up CDJ's or turntables you can just get the Audio 2 and save a hundred bucks. The 300 is also a very good controller when using Itch. Some have gotten it to work with Traktor, but you lose the HID function of the jog wheels and have less FX. I hear good things about the RMX, but have never used one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

I have the audio 2 dj now. So I am good there. What software do you use with the vci-100?

Quote Originally Posted by Dravery1 View Post
    I have the audio 2 dj now. So I am good there. What software do you use with the vci-100?
    Traktor Pro
    Chris Jennings FHP

if you don't like traktor and you don't mind spending the cash, the vci-300 would be a good option with itch and all. serato seems to be doing a buttload to move it's software forwards so it's all good
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Tech Convert

Can you send me a link to the correct rca to xlr cable for a VCI-300 setup?
    Thanks again for your help

Ive used the Hercules Rmx for 6 months. Its a good starting point to the digital world. But I wasnt pleased with the unit. To be honest, $350 out the door for the Hercules Rmx is a RIP OFF!!! You only get Virtual Dj LE with the package. You can buy Traktor Kontrol X1 for $200 and then buy the Traktor Pro upgrade for $140. You then will have a complete package to do pretty much anything when it comes to effects, recording, looping, album skins, ect. The Hercules rmx with the VDJ LE wont have the same as the Traktor Pro, hands down.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐