Numark Omni Control and Korg NanoPAD question...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Numark Omni Control and Korg NanoPAD question...

Hey all, just a quick question...

I'm thinking about purchasing a Korg NanoPAD. However, i already own a Numark Omni Control, i'm only looking to use the NanoPAD for cues as the Omni lacks a set of button for this. But as i understand, having this may overwrite settings from the Omni.

Is there any way i can use both and still have full functionality of the Omni? Just looking for a bit of closure before i buy one to then find out i can't use both to their maximum potential!

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, you can use both... Read up on this, and while you're at it you might as well read every blog post, they're all helpful for the most part

Oh, and Welcome to the forums!

Thanks alot mate! Yeah i've been reading the blogs for a while, just not signed up to the forum... I will definately be visiting more often!

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just read the blog and i think i know what to do. However, how do you map the NanoPAD in Traktor Pro? I say this because it has a variety of 'Scene' buttons which change the functionality of the buttons between scenes, is this able to be done in Traktor Pro or is only one scene available?
    Last edited by Ross; 07-26-2010 at 10:19 PM.

The scene's just change the midi messages sent to traktor. And since all traktor does is interpret those messages, you can use all the scenes you want, you'll just have to map each one. I have a NanoKontrol which works the same way, and i have it set up to where some buttons have the same midi message in every scene, and some buttons change. When you get the NanoPad make sure you download the Kontrol Editor from Korg, so you can unleash the full potential of the tiny beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    The scene's just change the midi messages sent to traktor. And since all traktor does is interpret those messages, you can use all the scenes you want, you'll just have to map each one. I have a NanoKontrol which works the same way, and i have it set up to where some buttons have the same midi message in every scene, and some buttons change. When you get the NanoPad make sure you download the Kontrol Editor from Korg, so you can unleash the full potential of the tiny beast.
    Ahh right ok, i'm sort of getting it! What does the Kontrol Editor do exactly?

The Kontrol editor lets you decide what midi message each trigger sends in each scene. Also you can save different presets. It flashes these presets to the device, so you don't have to have it running all the time like darouter. I have different presets for traktor and ableton that i switch back and forth between, so i find it very useful.

The Kontrol editor lets you decide what midi message each trigger sends in each scene. Also you can save different presets. It flashes these presets to the device, so you don't have to have it running all the time like darouter. I have different presets for traktor and ableton that i switch back and forth between, so i find it very useful.
    So does Korgs program know what to send to Traktor then?

Korgs program writes the midi data to the Nano, then the nano sends the midi notes/cc's to traktor. Traktor will receive any midi data.

Korgs program writes the midi data to the Nano, then the nano sends the midi notes/cc's to traktor. Traktor will receive any midi data.
    Surely Korgs program doesn't assign cue points the same as Traktor? Or would know how to as they're two different programs?

The korg program doesn't do anything but change the midi messages that the buttons send. Say the default is..
    c1-d1-e1-f1-g1
    c2-d2-e2-f2-g2 < imagine this as the layouts for the pads

With the editor you can change the notes on the pad.
    The editor is only used for this, its not running while traktor is.
    And you can change the notes for each scene.
    Then with the editor closed, it stores these notes to the nano.
    So while using the nano and mapping it in traktor, you just map the notes you have preset in the pad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast