Using Midi Fighter and Stanton SCS.3 simultaneously

Default Using Midi Fighter and Stanton SCS.3 simultaneously

Hi everyone!

I've been using a Stanton SCS.3 system for a while and have never tried using another controller with it at the same time. Lately i've been itching to buy a Midi Fighter so i could use it in conjuction with my SCS.3 to trigger cue points and effects and such, but i don't know if it is possible to configure Traktor (TSP) to use both controllers simultaneously.

An additional bit of info, incase it changes something. The SCS3 uses an application called ''darouter'' which uses Bome's midi translator, so the midi data doesn't come straight from the controller, but rather from Darouter.

I hope someone has the answer to my question!
    thank you.
    -chris-

P.S. this is the SCS.3, incase anyone doesn't know:
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

hey guys! i just found a super interesting post by Ean that explains how to do exactly what i want to do.

However, i still have a few questions.

1. Will Darouter change anything to the way i will configure both controllers to work together?

2. Is the Midi Fighter easy to customize as far as mappings go?

thanks!
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

Darouter will not effect the midi fighter at all. And as long as you don't set the scs3 to midi channel 3 you will have no conflict, as the midifighter sends midi on channel 3.
    The midifighter is just a simple controller, so the mappings can be as simple or as complex as you want. On Ean's "Deckalized" mapping some of the buttons are doing 15 or more different functions each time you push it. So you could take it to the extreme like that, but if you just want to use it for cues then it will be a simple task.