Apple introduces the Magic Trackpad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Apple introduces the Magic Trackpad

I just saw the new release from Apple and the first thought that popped into my mind was how could it would be to be able to control Kaos pad style FX with this thing. Pinch zoom your distortion or zoom across your reverb.

The bluetooth is great too from a portability perspective

Today, Apple released the Magic Trackpad, calling it "...a multi-touch Bluetooth trackpad meant to work with your desktop computer." It certainly resembles an oversized MacBook Pro trackpad (in fact, it's 80% larger) perched atop the same battery case that's on Apple's Bluetooth keyboards. In fact, it sits at the same height and angle as the keyboard, so you can move back and forth easily.

When paired with an Apple desktop, it offers the same multi-touch gestures that laptop owners enjoy. Use it to swipe, pinch and scroll. Inertial scrolling on the Magic Trackpad reacts to the pressure and speed you use.

The surface is made of wear-resistant glass and, get this: the entire thing is also a giant button, so click away as you would with a mouse.

source" http://www.tuaw.com/2010/07/27/apple...agic-trackpad/

Tech Guru

I'm thinking about picking one up for my Production workstation I'm just not sure how well I could integrate it. If I can say pinch to zoom in on the tracks then I'll def be picking one up this winter

after just picking up the mbp with the multi-touch surface, im curious how much an increase in efficiency this would be...

there were a few hypothetical posts about an amoled surface to drive a multi-touch keyboard, which would definitely be worth the wait, but for an entirely different system.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

personally i think i'll still prefer using a mouse...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    personally i think i'll still prefer using a mouse...
    me to.

EDIT: a magic one!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Will be getting one for the workplace but wonder how long it's gonna stay there.. it's just a bit "too portable" Not sure if this is the right thing for DJing...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If they combined the Mini bluetooth keyboard with that track pad in one unit id get one.

Id never touch the laptop again. I could have it at the back of the VCI.

That would be cool. So it will never happen !!!

Just ordered one. I doubt it will find its way into my DJ workflow but for pic/ video editing this might just be what I have been looking for. Great price too.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Tech Guru

I'm not gonna pick one up do much for DJing but more for when I use Logic. They run off of batteries and while they make take forever to drain like my bluetooth mouse I still couldn't trust it to not kick out during a set. Not that I play out at all :P

i wish this worked with windows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast