Djm 400...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Djm 400...

Default Djm 400...

So close to buying. Got the cash and the want, one thing stopping me I think..
    The god damn headphone cueing. Why did they have to use buttons, oh why..

Like the 800, my mixer at the moment has a knob that fades b/w the channels, instead of selecting ch1,2 or master like on the 400. I feel like this will be a pain to get used to and I'll probably have to completely re-learn how to cue with headphones.

It's my understanding that when you select one of the button that it's all you hear in your headphones. Like if you're cuing ch1 you only hear ch1 in the headphones and have to beat match it with the master from the speakers?

I can imagine that this is traditionally the way to beat match but I guess i'm just used to having the option of hearing both channels in my headphones.. what to do, what to do.. save for an 800 I suppose....

Can't you cue 2 channels at once? My mixer is alot like the DJM800 and allows for multiple cueing options and a knob for cue/master, although I never use it. I just cue direct the track I'm bringing in and the one currently playing. I use my monitors most of the time for mixing in, reffering to the headphone cue when needed.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

dang man, i'm close to buying one too, i'm glad i caught this before i went any further, if thats really how the buttons are then idk
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

I've played on a 400 before and if you have the master cued and also one of the other channels it splits the audio into the right and left ear. So if channel 2 is playing out and you want to mix in channel 1 you can listen to the master in one ear and the other channel in the other. It helps a little bit but I would much rather use a knob.

This makes me realize how much I LOVE my 800 lol
    Last edited by First Touch; 07-28-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by First Touch View Post
    So if channel 2 is playing out and you want to mix in channel 1 you can listen to the master in one ear and the other channel in the other.
    Oh ok, that's a little better but still a pain in the ass without having a blend of the two in one ear. Think it would be really distracting having two completely different signals in two ears.. Seems so counterintuitive I can't imagine why they thought that would be a good idea.. 800 it is I suppose, in about 6 months.

ahh, the old classic.

Thats what happens when dance music DJ looks for mixer and gets caught in the net of pure Battle Mixers for scratch DJs. That's why cueing is not sophisticated, as simply scratch DJs do not need it.:eek:
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

i just played with it in guitar center, its not that big of a deal to me, so i just bit the bullet and bought it...
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

i prefer the buttons tbh. generally only have headphones on my left ear, so just hitting a button suits me fine

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Be-Ne-Dek View Post
    i just played with it in guitar center, its not that big of a deal to me, so i just bit the bullet and bought it...
    Be sure to let us know how it is in a couple of weeks mate.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

No way this would work for me. I play full mix in the headphones since I don't have any speakers hooked up. if I need to just hear one deck i'll reduce the volume in the other deck.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast