1.3 FW, Mixvibes, and Traktor Pro
    Tech Convert

Default 1.3 FW, Mixvibes, and Traktor Pro

Hi all.

I have a couple questions regarding 1.3 FW and my usage with MixVibes DVS. I currently am using a 1.1FW Vestax VCI-100 with MixVibes and do a considerable amount of scratching.

I ordered the firmware upgrade kit to try to correct the ramp-up issue with the jogs.

I downloaded the demo of Traktor Pro and would like to play with it with Ean's 1.3 FW, but I'm worried about how different the firmware will react with MixVibes - which will remain as my backup even if I choose to go with Traktor.

I've seen how to force the VCI back into 1.2 mode, but my question is, does this significantly alter the MIDI values that are coming from it?

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 1.3 and used it with MixVibes DVS or Pro?

Tech Convert

Well, found half my questions looking in the proper forum, doh.

Anyone a MV7 user?

Id use the 1.2 firmware + Bomes midi pro if i were you personally

Tech Convert

Thanks for the input, I'll look into it.

After updating the firmware, I have lost a lot of sensitivity in the wheels, and along with it my entire ability to scratch in both MixVibes and Traktor. I cannot do backspins at all - spinning the wheels at a fast clip produces a very slow tracking in both software.

I've used the latest .tsi file from here, as well as the latest midi files from MixVibes with no success.

I will be playing with it the rest of the weekend, but at this point I really regret updating my firmware.

How do you even get Traktor to scratch after you've hit play on the track? It only seems to be in scratch mode when the track is paused.

If its only scratching then the music is pauses thats because you are using the cdj mode in traktor for the jog where. With cdj mode the you can scratch when the deck is stopped and does pitch bending when the deck is in motion.

The 1.2 firmware is a definant improvment to the 1.1 firmware, dont regret upgrading - i know i didnt

Tech Convert

Thanks Bento.

It seems to be working pretty well in 1.2 mode with Traktor Pro. I have yet to figure out how to get it out of CDJ mode (not even sure what my other setting options would be!) but the rest of the controls are working perfectly. When the track is stopped, it scratches great. How can I set it so I can hit play, then do a baby scratch intro? As in, when I let go of the platter the track would play.

MixVibes Producer control is wonky with 1.2, however. Scratching with it is far more difficult that it was with 1.1, even without the ramp-up issue. 1.1FW moved the track faster than the 1.2FW does... I can't do backspins at all with 1.2FW.
    Last edited by bzbatl; 11-15-2008 at 11:36 PM.