MIDI fighter contest
    Tech Mentor

Default MIDI fighter contest

So I uploaded my entry today. I actually figured out what I was going to do and recorded it today as well. I'm well aware that I am still learning and my video is not the best, but at this time I only own one controller, the akai lpd8, so winning two midi fighters would be an amazing thing. its annoying that people that have midi fighters already/really nice controllers are entering the contest. what about us little guys! so did anyone here enter and how do you think you did?!

i entered with my brother and we used a midi fighter and a vci se
    it dont matter if you own a set of midi pots and pans or a 10k setup

its about making the best of what you got
    and people work hard and save for there setups and i am sure one day you will have a big setup and you will still have the right to entery its about being creative not about what gear you have.Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    So I uploaded my entry today. I actually figured out what I was going to do and recorded it today as well. I'm well aware that I am still learning and my video is not the best, but at this time I only own one controller, the akai lpd8, so winning two midi fighters would be an amazing thing. its annoying that people that have midi fighters already/really nice controllers are entering the contest. what about us little guys! so did anyone here enter and how do you think you did?!
    I see what you are saying but most of us started with very little equipment as well. No matter what equipment you use your musical talent will be evident. I dont believe Ean & the DJTT team care what you use. Don't worry about everyone else, just do your thang. I actually started with a cd walkman, home cd player, and a broke ass radio shack mixer from the 80's. No control over pitch, cues, or any of this fancy pants midi stuff. I had to wait for a break, drop a track and hope it sounded decent. Be thankful for what you have and rock that shit.
    Last edited by Redlight; 07-28-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

i agree with cass. and redlight makes a really good point, its about making the best out of what you have.
    when i did mine i accidentaly handicapped myself by using my computers sound card instead of my external one
    this meant that i had alot less latency, and in a sense i almost put myself at the same level as the people with no controllers.
    in my opinion my mix still came out great and i only made one big mistake.