Presonus Audio box, can't monitor? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    Tech Student

Default Presonus Audio box, can't monitor? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi all.
    I've got:

1. A PC
    2. A vci-100
    3. Traktor Pro
    4. Presonus Audiobox USB
    5. Some powered monitors hooked up directly through 1/4 cables.

In audio set up, output routing:
    I only have the option to use speakers out 1 and 2. I have no other options, so the speakers must be set to the monitor or the mains. When I listen to my headphones on the Audiobox, i only hear what is going through the speakers. How do i use my headphones for cueing? Any ideas what is going on here?

Tech Student

Just to clarify,
    I'm coming from djing on two turntables and a mixer, where it was possible to cue up one track independently in the headphones while a track played over the monitors. I am trying to recreate that effect. with the hardware/software that I have, is this possible or do i need to buy additional gear?
    Thanks.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

I have a Presonus Firebox, the outputs for it appear in traktor numbered 0-7, main output being 0 and 1, being 6 and 7.
    Now for the Audiobox since you only have a left and right main output and a headphone jack you should go in traktor to the output routing section of the preferences (make sure you have the audiobox selected as your audio device in the audio setup section).
    Now there should be output monitor, output master and output record. For the output monitor select 0 and 1 , then 2 and 3 for output master.
    Also your Audiobox should have come with some software, there should be a mixer application which is well worth installing just so you have feedback on how it is handling output for what to which source (that's just going off what my firebox has).

Also because it's obvious, what are your main volume knob and headphone knobs at?

Hope this helps.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Student

Thank you very much for the reply.

When i follow your directions under "audio setup" I select from the options to use Presonus Audio Box. There is an option to use the driver as well which yields the same results.

Under output routing, i'm only granted the ability to chose "speakers out 0" and "speakers out 1." 0 and 1 can only be assigned to either monitor or master. There are no further options such as "Speakers 2,3,4,5."

I have updated the driver as well.

I saw this sound card on the review from this site. Surely someone has used it with some success?

I'm using traktor pro 1.2.3.

The Audiobox only has 1 stereo output, so it's appropriate for headphone previewing. You need a soundcard with at least 2 stereo pairs (4 outputs).
    The Phat One

thinking of getting one of these presonus audiobox. did you manage to sort the cueing in your headphone problem?

cheers
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella