Information sources in the digital age?
    Tech Convert

Default Information sources in the digital age?

Back in the day I used to look forward every month to magazines like Muzik, Mixmag, iDJ, etc. (despite the insane news stand prices due to the exchange rates) Inbetween the 'I ate a zillion mitsubishis, got monged, etc,... ' stories there were a some decent reviews of gear and records, and usually there was a cd - some mixes, some singles collections - many were rubbish, but defintiely some gems occasionally. Now in the 'digital age' magazines cant really keep pace with all the blogs, forums, and websites dedicated to (insert topic) - particularly so in the dance world. Nowadays I follow this forum, (though I've bene more of a lurker), beatportal, check in on DJdownloads.com, and occasionally Juno, I think Im happy with the technology coverage, and there is an infinity of good live sets, and mies to find monthly, but am still looking for more traditional record reviews in Electronic dance... does anyone have any pointers? I know there are a few onlie magazines as well that im beginning to explore, but I'm hoping some folks here have some good suggestions...
    thanks- IE

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

These are the music and DJ related blogs I subscribe to. It's a pretty untidy mess of stuff though.

http://www.google.com/reader/bundle/...dle/DJ%20Stuff
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

If your talking about making music and/or digital djing, I personally kinda liked Electronic Musician. I'm not gonna say it was the best magazine I ever read, but they talked about stuff I was interested in and I enjoy reading hard copies of stuff (ie: newspapers and magazines)

Otherwise, if your just looking for music (it was kinda unclear in your post), you might wanna check out http://www.hypem.com
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

"I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Yeah, Resident Advisor has an awesome feed
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Mainly I was looking for the single reviews, coming out soon, album reviews, artist interviews,... .I used to read electronic musician- I relly liked it.... Thanks everyone for all the other links Ill be checking them out!

Tech Convert

Thanks for those links, photojojo, some great stuff in there.
    My blog: Digital DJ Tips
    Follow me on Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

No problem. I do believe your in there to. I really need to sort through and organize the music blogs and the industry blogs and what not.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x