VCI/Traktor problem! Not enough power?

Exclamation VCI/Traktor problem! Not enough power?

Hello TT!

I bought myself a VCI-100 (great product!) a month ago or so and have been practising the fine art of DJing for some time now, but when i play a track with a lot of bass & sound it (this is hard explaining in english) kind of looses power or something. The sound drops and the bass gets flattened out, like it cant drive the sound on the power it gets from the computer.

Would buying a poweradapter solve this problem? Or is the problem in the soundcard/computer or maybe in the VCI?

Looking forward to a solution, have a great weekend!
    Best regards, Joel Liljekvist

i should not be the vci. as the vci does only produce's a midi signal for whatever program you use to mix. there is a setting on traktor which drops out bass for the more prominent bass line. its in mixer options as master limter or something can't remember or it could be the soundcard
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

I use the built in soundcard on the MBP 13".

So i should tweak the config in traktor?

If i would buy a power adapter and use with the VCI and the USB to the computer, could that solve the problem?

As Herb said, it is nothing to do with the VCI. Your problem is audio and the VCI has no audio capability.

We need to know a little more about your set-up. You say you are on a Mac and using the internal sound card, but are you listening on the internal speakers, external speakers or headphones?

Also, you did not mention what software you are using, also tell us the level (LE, Duo, Pro, etc.) and version. I too am assuming it's Traktor.

For the sound issue, Herb is right that you are clipping, but it could be your speakers or software. Make sure your output levels do not go into the "red". Once you tell us about your speakers and software we can quickly guide you.

I'm sure you are aware that you will eventually need a sound card with two stereo outs, so that you can cue. Also upgrading the VCI to firmware 1.3 would be good too.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Hi and thank you.

I guess i have the latest firmware but i will have to check that up.

Currently using VCI 100 SE together with MBP 13". Software is TRAKTOR PRO and i experienced this using headphones, pretty cheap ones.

I will try to lower the output to my headphones and see if anything changes.

Quick question, what soundcard would you recommend for DJ/Light producer?

Best regards!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Audio 2 is what I and most others on here would recommend for a sound card. As far as your sound problems I would bet they had to do with your cheap headphones. Try and hook up to some better speakers or better headphones and see if it still happens.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I will check the "Audio 2" so thank you for the tip!

And yes, i have crappy headphones but i have bought new from germany just a week ago, so i guess it will be better when they arrive!

I have just moved on short notice so i just brought my equipment with me, and a pack of clothes so i cant really try it out on any good monitors or phones. But as i said, i will check it with the new ones later on.