Stanton Uberstand experiences?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Stanton Uberstand experiences?

Hello,

i am looking at the Stanton Uberstand as a laptop-stand for my Acer 15.4" travelmate laptop and the Reloop Digital Jockey controller. The specs look fine, but i read something about having to tie down the uberstand with velcro or tiewraps or something to avoid it flipping over or something? Anyone care to share their experiences with it?

Olaf

I have 1, and I use it everytime i play and i thinkk its a gr8 help to save some boothspace, and yes there is an plastic reusable strap that comes with the überstand, but i have had mine for a few months and cant se any real wear and tear on the strap, and a replacement should not be that expensive,
    Im thinkin of getting a cable strap to use instead when the plastic dies, and that should hold like forever,
    1 like this: http://www.thomann.de/se/thomann_2575_kabelbinder.htm
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

ye and I have put some rubber feet on the top and bottom to make it stick to whatever it is placed on, and the rubberfeet on the top is to get some better fration against my laptop, my asus c90s is a 15.4'' but the coolingfan on the back makes it a bit bulky so thats what the rubberfeet is for on the top.
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I love mine.

I put a strip of velcro on the back plate to hold the laptop in place. It is sturdy and reliable in every way. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I put a strip of velcro on the back plate to hold the laptop in place. It is sturdy and reliable in every way. :-)
    Thats a really good idea ! Thanks for sharing

Tech Wizard

yeah the whole zip tie necessity was kind of a surprise to me. when i bought it that wasn't an obvious requirement and to put it laughingly not a very 'uber' feature. but to tell you the truth, i haven't had an experience where i needed it at all. the weight of my laptop and sound card sitting on the little shelf below the top keeps it where its supposed to be. I've done some experiments and you'd have to have someone come right up and yank on it pretty hard to pull it over. it can tip about 30 degrees with the laptop screen tilted a little beyond vertical and it'll still drop back to where its supposed to be. i guess if you wanted to be totally safe tho, tie it down!

I love my Uberstand. It looks like it could topple over quickly, but so far no disaster, and I have a 17" widescreen lappy that I use with it.

can we see pix of the stands with ur laptops, devil can we also post what ur Velcro mod looks like
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

There's my uberstand doing it's thing.. heh

Tech Wizard

cheers everybody!
    I am wondering, most of the time when i play out there is not a lot of room or flexibility in the placement of my gear. Often i have to build on top of a non-used SL1200, or use a table besides it. Will the uberstand also be usefull when i build it on top of an SL1200 but want to put my Reloop controller and my laptop on it? Won't it be to high f.e.?

Olaf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast