tiesto
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tiesto

Tech Mentor

Default tiesto

so just curious why everyone here hates him. i don't listen to his stuff but the small amount I've heard isn't bad

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    so just curious why everyone here hates him. i don't listen to his stuff but the small amount I've heard isn't bad
    Well, he is good dj. His tracks are epic.

But he sells out a lot. He is a DICK to his fans. And generaly from what ive seen in theese boards, he is basicaly a douche.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Mentor

i donno bout that. a friend of mine opened for him in chicago a couple years back and the next day, tiesto called him personally to thank him for opening the show up. says a lot i think. my friend was really impressed by how nice he was.

His Olympic opening set was pretty awesome. Can't believe that was 4 years ago...
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

To be honest, many people (not necessarily here, because this seems to be a pretty open minded community) just hate every DJ who is successful, just because they can't get over the fact that Techno broke into the mainstream almost 20 years ago and still damn every DJ who dares to sell enough copies of his tracks to seriously enter the sales charts and plays in front of more than 250 people at one evening.
    (I for myself just find Trance boring and can't remember one single Tiesto track.)

nah, thats not what i meant... i had in mind some vids of Tiesto going off of stage and just ignoring and "fucking" fans that got in his way... and at least two more similiar threads and vids...

i myself just dont care, as he is Trance DJ, and thats not my scene, totally.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Mentor

He's just a human. We all have off days... Also it's hardly an excuse to hate someone for being successful as well, trance isn't my thing at all but Tiesto definitely has some quality tunes and lets face it, its almost impossible not to sell out when you have music videos on MTV and your tracks get played on mainstream radio.
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

good dj? Here comes the call back!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbvYJ45W84

Is this a serious thread? He SUCKS period. Just dont care for his style of music or mixing style.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    good dj? Here comes the call back!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbvYJ45W84
    lol in this video tiesto makes beatmatching/transition look like of something that is overrated.
    Last edited by cutflow; 08-01-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast