audio routing issues with custom vci - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

alright so i got the audio 2... but i am thinking now i need the audio 4.... it only has two channels out and i have one the two channels for the speaker plus my headphones. can anyone help me to get this working with the audio 2?

The audio 2 has 4 channels out, or 2 stereo channels, however you want to interpret it.

Just use the included 1/4" TRS to RCA adapter on channel A for your speakers, and plug your headphones directly into channel B.

Tech Wizard

the problem is i can only plug in one speaker with the 1/4 inch jacks...

i am working with the one speaker but also am having issues with playing two songs at once. thus, i want to be able to play a track through the master speaker and listen to another on my headphones in order to cue.. any ideas?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    The audio 2 has 4 channels out, or 2 stereo channels, however you want to interpret it.

Just use the included 1/4" TRS to RCA adapter on channel A for your speakers, and plug your headphones directly into channel B.
    What he said.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

ok nice i got both speakers to work. however, they are extremely close. so spacing them out is not an option right do to the rca out putting. still stuck on being able to cue... any thoughts?

What kind of inputs do your speakers have???

You could get some extension cables.
    If the speakers have 1/4" inch ins, and you have some extra 1/4" chords, then you could get one of these...

This splits the stereo TRS signal into 2 mono TS signals.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The headphones are connected to the Audio 2 correct? You'll have to go into audio output routing in the preference pane and set the output monitor to the correct channel.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

both channel a and b are working for me. however, i am trying to split my outputs so i can play both songs at once.. thus, listen to song on my headphones while another is playing out the master

thanks for all the helpp

You got this a bit jammed up mate.

Your master out is one channel. (Channel A)
    There are a Pair of RCA outs that you route to your amp or speakers.
    The mixing (playing 2 tracks) is mixed internally in Traktor, so you only need to have the single output channel.

Then, you headphones should be using Channel B. This should be set to monitor in the Output routing section.

Then play a track on both decks at the same time. put the X fader in the middle and your volumes both up. You should hear them both playing over the speakers. move the X fader to the left or right and you should be cutting out one of the decks.

Now, put your phones on and click the Deck A headphone cue button. You should be hearing deck A.

Do the same for deck B.

Report back.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Awesome. It works perfect! Although... for some reason my headphone button for a and b on Traktor (version 1.2.1) do not respond to the vestax, it responds to the deck c or deck d button, which is unresponsive for that function. Also "Cut" does not work at all and I feel there are a few others missing as well. This has just happened recently. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Tash :); 08-18-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast