New to DJ'ing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to DJ'ing

In that case, you can't really go wrong for $150. A couple of colleagues who are using them have contributed to this review, and there's some good comments attached that may help make your mind up: http://bit.ly/bq5Itv
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Tech Convert

Also just reading up would I need a dedicated sound card to use my speakers and headphones, or would my pc soundcard work?

That's the thing. Maybe someone else can help us here? If you have a 5.1 soundcard ie designed for surround sound audio, it may be possible to use 4 of those outputs to emulate a dedicated DJ soundcard via Traktor. I'm not a Traktor expert so not too sure about this.
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

I'm not familiar with that soundcard, but it might be possible to use it, if you use ASIO too.
    How many outputs does the soundcard have?

Tech Mentor

If your in the uk try out this website, Great for buying second hand gear served me well the past few years.

http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNY View Post
    Hi,

I'm brand spanky new to the world of DJ'ing and after thinking for over a year about "I could make this track better" I've decided I want to get my myself into the game (for hobby purposes).

After looking at the various types of hardware available I think being a DDJ would be better for me as Vinyl is quite expensive and I'd prefer to have my music portable and record things I can just slap on my mp3 player.

so i need help choosing a mixer/decks combi unit yet I've got no clue which product I should go for.

I'm an absolute beginner, so I've just purchased How to DJ for dummies but I want an idea of the hardware I would need before purchasing.

I've been told I'd need something like a Behringer BCD3000 but then again I've been told it's not that good lol.

so something cheap that will help me into the world of DJ'ing.

Cheers
    I tried out DDJ with BCD3000 (with my laptop) and a set of monitors. i must say this was the least expensive option for me and has got me hooked on the digital side. extremely light so very portable and help to get the basics (my opinion) of digital DJ.

I have since upgraded to more after a few months of this wanting more"hands on" approach........

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DjSnipes View Post
    I tried out DDJ with BCD3000 (with my laptop) and a set of monitors. i must say this was the least expensive option for me and has got me hooked on the digital side. extremely light so very portable and help to get the basics (my opinion) of digital DJ.

I have since upgraded to more after a few months of this wanting more"hands on" approach........
    I really would love a vinyl collection, and learn to mix vinyl as it's always been for me the cooler side of dj'ing. however I lack the money to buy vinyls as they can be quite expensive I've heard and I've got used to mixing in VDJ at the moment so i'd prefer to go Digital then maybe start going vinyl for fun after I've gotten used to it.

also if my soundcard wouldn't work, would it be better to use the DJ/IO as a dedicated soundcard?

also going round to my friends house and showing off without carrying a load of vinyl around would be uber.

if you want to learn to mix on decks, pick up a pair of used techs and a stanton battle mixer to start along with either Traktor Scratch or Serato. the whole set up should run you about 800 USD. but, you won't be spending money on vinyl and you can learn to beatmatch and mix using blog tunes for a bit. Also, entry level needles are about 30 bucks a pop.
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    if you want to learn to mix on decks, pick up a pair of used techs and a stanton battle mixer to start along with either Traktor Scratch or Serato. the whole set up should run you about 800 USD. but, you won't be spending money on vinyl and you can learn to beatmatch and mix using blog tunes for a bit. Also, entry level needles are about 30 bucks a pop.
    I don't have anywhere near that (I'll have around £200) maybe a bit more in a few weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12