Korg zero 4 review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Korg zero 4 review

hey guys i was going to do a review on the korg zero 4 but i found this....really good review and he said it all

http://www.prodjforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3500

my conclusion is really cool and convinient how you can have two cd players connected and have two more channels with the VCI or for midi and audio or just midi you have a lot of pissibilities in one :eek::eek:

the best of this is that everything is midi mapable.....i was in shock.... and the audio latency is really really low and good.....

the only cons: is the knobs they are a liltle be too small but you will get used to it FAST
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 11-17-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Skratchworx did a really good review of it as well
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

COuld also hook it up to a dutch DJ website review, but I don't think you will understand diddly squad.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

yea it was jayo from prodjforums who convinced me to get the zero 4. haven't had much time to dj lately, university and stuff. plus i got a new cat to rip up my couch. next time it does ill put it next to my tapco speakers and crank it up. BOOM! lol

best mixer i've ever owned though (i've owned two, the other one was a random 2 channel numark (dxm 01 i think usb mixer), so not really coming from someone who's had the other big mixers.

Korg Zero 4, Macbook Pro, Vci 100, Akai Mpd24,
    Korg Emx1, Pioneer Hdj 1000, Guitar band guitar, 2x Tapco Th15 a, Traktor PRO

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Walidism View Post
    yea it was jayo from prodjforums who convinced me to get the zero 4. haven't had much time to dj lately, university and stuff. plus i got a new cat to rip up my couch. next time it does ill put it next to my tapco speakers and crank it up. BOOM! lol

best mixer i've ever owned though (i've owned two, the other one was a random 2 channel numark (dxm 01 i think usb mixer), so not really coming from someone who's had the other big mixers.
    how weird you convinced me to buy the zero 4 with out saying a word when i saw your setup in the SHOW your setup thread lol

i have one question for you do you have any TKS files for this baby to use with traktor....i have a gig next week and i dont want to tke my vci and zero 4 i just want to take the korg any help lol

i wish i could help you, i haven't set up the zero 4 to use with traktor. i use my vci and the mpd24, i am thinking of starting a tks, but at the moment i do not have one. the problem im having is what each controller is mapping to. the vci has set controls (like cc 11) and i can't change that, so i have to modify the mpd24 to control cc 12 instead of cc11. it takes some time, and i just want to have every control to be a different midi button. if i add the korg zero 4 to that equation, it will take me at least a few days to figure out what is taken and what i can use.

however, if you want to just use the korg zero 4, you'll have to have enough transport buttons, cause most of the midi functionality is on the eq and channel effects knobs. although im not too certain, i have to double check. but the zero edit software is great for remapping the controls. sorry i cant help you anymore than this. good luck on your GIG! tell me how it goes!

Korg Zero 4, Macbook Pro, Vci 100, Akai Mpd24,
    Korg Emx1, Pioneer Hdj 1000, Guitar band guitar, 2x Tapco Th15 a, Traktor PRO

search this forum and NI forum, i posted a tks file a while back

edit: i found it

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...=korg+zero+tks
    Last edited by groovemixer; 11-17-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by groovemixer View Post
    search this forum and NI forum, i posted a tks file a while back

edit: i found it

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...=korg+zero+tks
    than a lot guys im working on my own TKS files it sould be done by this weekend lol

How the hell do you try before you buy on something like this?
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    How the hell do you try before you buy on something like this?
    Ring up every dj store in town to see if they have one you can play with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast