dodgy connection when not using multicores
    Tech Guru

Default dodgy connection when not using multicores

Had this problem before back in London. the left channel on one deck is not being received when plugged directly into Audio 8 with no multicores, gotta wiggle the shit out of it until it is being received and then be extra careful not to touch it mid set otherwise it'll fuck it up again. It's def a cable problem as I switched the inputs to check it and switched stylus' and can conclude the problem lies with the phono connection. Haven't tried with the multicores yet but back home it worked fine with the deck that was giving me grief & I'm pretty sure it'll be the same in this case (will try tonight). I don't want to use the multicores, they are not needed in my set-up & don't want to be lugging them around when I could just be using normal phono's, plus they are an expense I dont need due to wear and tear.

Anyway, can this be remedied?

Cheers

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude this is a very old issue with the Audio 8.

The connections on the A8 are quite shallow. Also to make things more difficult the the multicore phono connectors are slightly short than a regular rca cable .

This all adds up when you use a regular RCA cable that it doesnt fit snuggly. Some RCAs are better then others.

The fix is to cut away some of the plastic at the end on the RCA so that the pole goes further into the Audio 8 .

Try as many cables as you can cus some will fit snug. Others will fall out as you are seeing.

K

mmmm....is this the same for the Audio 4?

I have had similar issues. I don't have multicore cables.

Got it working...but through trial and error and about 4 pairs of RCA's.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The fix is to cut away some of the plastic at the end on the RCA so that the pole goes further into the Audio 8 .
    Yeah, this is the first thing I did. Maybe I should cut away more than I did. Its such a fucking pain in the ass! Is there no adaptors that can be purchased that will resolve this issue? All Im thinking is if I rock up to a club the last thing I need is to be cutting away phono leads or wiggling shit to get it to work. If there was some form of adaptor I can just whack on a regular set of phonos that fit snuggly into the audio 8 I'd be a happy man

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I dont know of any adapters im afraid.
    Just pot luck if you get RCA cables that fit.

Sucks i know.