Ripped from Vinyl

Default Ripped from Vinyl

OK, ripped some of my massice dnb vinyl collection to digital, however having major problems in sync'ing this with Traktor in coparison with CD rips and stuff from beatport. Ripped using my Technics 1210mk5 with the pitch lock button on. The track is J Frequencies Bam Bam. I am using TSP and I fear I may end up having to use the control vinyls purely to keep nudging it and lose out on the syncing tricks and tips. Anyone faced similar issues?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Vinyl can be really sensitive to drift, and as it's a real time recording is a completely different beast from ripping from CDs or straight mp3s.

Do you have Ableton live to warp?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

maybe u should try and use the warp function in ableton to fix the tracks...just download the ableton demo from their site and try it.
    www.ableton.com
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Vinyl drifts. As good as Technics are they still have a motor and the speed varies very slightly from time to time. Not much you can do about it in traktor. I suppose you could warp it in ableton.

EDIT: We all three must have been typing replies at the same time.Sorry for the echo echo echo.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

No worries, may invest in Ableton lite if that has the warping function, just really annoys me that I may lose some of my favourite tracks as I may not be able to sync them.

i think the warp function will do it´s best for ur tracks...since most off the d&b tunes are not played live...so the little offtime will defo be healed by ableton
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.