On Topic: Button Pushing Flack - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Weebl's awesome!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

My rant was because I recently took flack for turning in the turntables and becomming an Ableton Dj as well for the posts I have read on here about club owners who don't give laptop DJ any respect.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    My rant was because I recently took flack for turning in the turntables and becomming an Ableton Dj as well for the posts I have read on here about club owners who don't give laptop DJ any respect.
    and a very agreeable rant it was to

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

We may only be button pushers, but they're only circle spinners.....

Quote Originally Posted by JWit View Post
    We may only be button pushers, but they're only circle spinners.....
    oh snap, right on spot

correction: they didn't even spin the circles.

Tech Guru

yeah it's a real shame that midi controllers haven't quite yet become the fashion accessory that turntables have.....

With out buttons there would only be levers, they're very cumbersome when trying to beat juggle, this handy diagram illustrates my point.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Jealousy!

I would wager that 90% of CDJ DJ's just use the system in the most basic way.
    The top dudes I see jamming CDJ's really use em and use em well.

However, lets see these guys (90%) use CDJ's to the max before they open their mouths about using midi or controllers.

Once they can jump seamlessly between cues and do as much as one can in terms of FX and pushing envelopes.....we can talk.

I don't get why any clued up Selekta would not want to be able to do this?

Whether its Serato and Dicers or Traktor and VCI's......I don't get how someone with knowledge of the stuff would not wanna jam this way?

Its SOO much more superior to basic DJing!!

If they are not clued up and still bitching....its ignorance.

If they are clued up but still not wanting to do it like this....then they just dumb or hatin!

As a DJ a few years ago....i felt like i needed to pull off a PROPER performance in order to be satisfied with my work. Always wanting to progess.

This is the obvious move.

Its soo much more killer to play the way i do now compared to all my previous performances.

Just don't get these guys.

Ignorance.....its all i come up with.....trying to make sense of it.

*Shrugs*
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

yeah even though it's better than it was 5 years ago, i imagine the next 5 years or so isn't going to be an easy ride for controller djs...

there's still tons of 30-40 something hack local djs who are still resting on their laurels from the golden era of rave culture in the late 90s - early 00s. many people still consider their opinions to be gospel because they still have clout in their respective local scenes, not to mention all the promoters in the same age bracket who share similar views.

what's worse is they're filling the heads of many suggestable young djs with these stupid sentiments about controllers/latops like "Those things are just toys" and "Vinyl sounds better than Digital Audio".
    Last edited by wrong chris; 08-07-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast