DM2 crossfader mod?
    Tech Student

Default DM2 crossfader mod?

Hello all,
    I've had several DM2s and notice that the crossfader B side is really flakey.
    When you fade all the way to B, say that it should be a value of 128, what you actually get is a value that jitters between 125 and 128. I've only really had experience with it on the mac, but it seems like an issue common to DM2s. I was looking to replace the crossfader, but couldn't source a working drop in for the stock one.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and overcome it?

Thanks!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You might try cleaning and lubing the fader. That will fix sketchy cross faders sometimes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Mudo

Or transplant all into another case and change the crappy components... (I have a dm2 getting old at under my bed...)

Tech Student

Default New faders?

I've tried cleaning the fader, but the behavior stays the same. So far I've verified that the "shakey B" issue exists on 3 different DM2s working via DM2Midi. I also think that this problem is handled on windows by use of a calibration tool.

Does anyone know of a fader that would work as a drop in? I have attempted to source the replacement fader for the DM2, but without luck.

Thanks!

Mudo

mmmm...

calibration issue is difficult to solve, electronic issue (like drop out voltage or damage resistor) will be a few easy and full transplantment matter of time (and patient soul)

Tech Student

Default calibration

I've been trying to track down the author of DM2MIDI to ask him about calibration.
    All aside, I'd think that replacing the crossfader would also work. I've read about people doing it, but I've had a real struggle finding a fader that matches the spec of the original, but with a better accuracy rating.

Anyhow, thanks for the help