New Traktor? NI should sort the current version first.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default New Traktor? NI should sort the current version first.

So everyone on here has seen there is a new traktor on the way. Am I the only one that thinks they need to sort the current version of Traktor pro out before they start bringing new shit out?

I still have a few bugs that need ironing out on my version. Stuff I've emailed them about and they got back to me saying they are aware of the problem. Well if they are aware, why are they working on new software instead of sorting these problems out first?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Maybe this new version will sort the bugs out?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

order of engagement;

mouth

feet

brain

lol, just messing.

but, yeah, i'd be shocked if these things weren't sorted in the new version.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Any new release of Traktor would be... a new version
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

New versions will introduce new bugs or even old ones that may resurface, fix current bugs and generally cause mayhem. Ever notice the sharp rise of crop circles with the digital age? Unintended consequences of an extremely mysterious bug in Dungeon Hack I say.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    New versions will introduce new bugs or even old ones that may resurface,
    Thank you

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Bug fixing is an ongoing thing. New versions always fix bugs. Some introduce new features and some are just Hot Fixes.

I understand the idea though. Fix stuff if its broke but bug fixing and developing go hand in hand. New work doesnt have to stop just so that bugs are fixed, thats just not the nature of software development. Some of the devs will be fixing and some will be developing.

Look at it from NIs position. People have been screaming SAMPLER for years. If NI implement one in the new version its not at the expense of fixing something but some people will complain. Its just the way it is.

As for new bugs, again thats the nature of software.
    As long as the showstoppers are fixed by the Beta team and its stable then we should look forward to new features.

I agree that bugs like the 'aac' bug should be fixed asap. Others are prioritised and get fixed over time but theres always gonna be bugs in software. You cant stop improving just cus theres some niggles.

Im not downplaying the fact that Traktor has bugs in it, i just think that sometimes too much is made of bugs that arent universal.
    Some bugs are hardware specific like the Midi Out bug that only affects VCIs (or seems to).

Are there any showstoppers that anyone is experiencing?

Tech Guru

I think the OP may think that this is not going to be a Traktor 1.x.x or Traktor 2 but a different Style program all together like a better version of Traktor Scratch Pro. Or something different all together. Which hasn't been ruled out as of yet. While all the screenshots show it running something almost exactly like traktor there are quite a few things that we can see and a lot that we prolly can not that would allow them to charge another premium on top of what you already have to spend. I mean how many people over this summer picked up a copy of traktor with that sale they had. I will not be surprised at all if they come out and say ok here it is but it'll cost new users this and current users this. just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    I will not be surprised at all if they come out and say ok here it is but it'll cost new users this and current users this. just my 2 cents.
    was the same with traktor 3, i got pro reduced because i bought as an upgrade. also picked up 3 for £40 bnib back in april last year as the shop/website was trying to clear the stock. totaled up to a nice little bargain imo.

back on bugs topic;
    no one has said that pro (as we know it now) won't still get some short time support and a few updates to fix more bugs, in the event that this is a totally new product.
    however all the sales recently would suggest this will be a new product, but again doesn't rule out a new update or 2 for pro

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Big difference between Traktor 3 and Pro is that Pro was totally and completely rewritten from the bottom up.

The difference between 3 and Pro cannot be understated.

The new version is not a whole rewrite... whatever comes out is going to be a version of Traktor Pro/Duo/LE. This is not going be like 3 and Pro where everything previous was discontinued.

I dont think anyone needs to worry about having bought software that is going to be discontinued or unsupported any time soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast