When to replace Macbook Pro

Default When to replace Macbook Pro

hi there,

i wonder when to replace my actual Macbook Pro for DJing ?? I mean i won't wait until it breaks down on me during a gig. So how long do you keep your Macbook Pro ??

greetz

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

IMO every three or four years the computer features have changed enough to make me WANT a new model. That in no way means I NEED to update though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

In general I buy a computer every 4 years. Bought a Mac before going to college, will buy another when I graduate, or maybe even wait another year after that. With the power of today's current computers I don't see them having and trouble running future DJ software anytime soon.

And computers don't really "break." The closest thing to breaking is a HD failure, which unless you have a faulty HD, it's pretty uncommon (although I have made one fail before).
    MacBook Pro // VCI-100 Arcade Edition // MidiFighter // Audio 2 DJ // Ultrasone DJ-1

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

ctrld

I upgrade every 3 years, unless I know there's going to be a severe change in OS/CPU architecture a couple of months later.

3 to 4 years, i just replaced my black macbook 2006 version. Not to long ago I saw rocking serato on a 12" powerbook! take about retro! LOL
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

thanks for your answers .. in conclusion most of you guys seem to keep your mac for about 3-4 years

Tech Guru

http://www.everymac.com/

check this site for the latest estimate used prices if u eventually want to re-sell it.

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

For future reference MacRumors also has a buyers guide that let's you know when Apple will be updating each product based off past update history.
    MacBook Pro // VCI-100 Arcade Edition // MidiFighter // Audio 2 DJ // Ultrasone DJ-1

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

...and for those of you in UK.

http://www.macupgrades.co.uk

Invaluable resource on all Macs.