Upgrading From Xponent?
    Tech Convert

Default Upgrading From Xponent?

Hey guys i currently have an xponent and around £200 to spend on upgrades. At first i though get a Kontrol X1 and keep the xponent. however now im thinking i could sell the xponent for around £250 and have £450-500 for upgrading to a new midi controller?

However my issue is i cant see where to upgrade to the Vestax 100 seems limited and not as good as xponent+X1 and the 300 is to much in cost and is for serato. Are there any other controllers in theat range with functionality?

I dont scratch much however really like to use samples, loops and cues when playing and would also like to keep with traktor pro.

Thansk for any extra information need some help with my decision.

Tech Mentor

if you dont need more decks then how about a midi fighter? would work very well to trigger samples and loops and with the mappings here you can add some nice effects etc on them...

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    if you dont need more decks then how about a midi fighter? would work very well to trigger samples and loops and with the mappings here you can add some nice effects etc on them...
    i havent looked at it mainly due to being in the UK and having to get it shipped, perhaps i will do some research on it. Is it better than the X1 for cues, loops, effects and samples ? these are the main reason i want to improve on from the xponent and the X1 seemed the best way

If you sell the Xponent will you be needing a new soundcard? That could change your budget. The Xponent offers your 4 outs. As Ashigari said you could be getting a midi-fighter and use it with the Xponent. For your budget there's not really a better controller to upgrade to, you could get a custom vci-100 arcade but you would need a new audio interface wich can cost from £100 to £200 depending on your needs.

Save a few hundread more and get an s4 in november Similar setup to exponent and all the lovley sampling You can probably sell on traktor pro too
    2 Technics SL1210mk2/DDJSX2/Serato//Traktor//Mixvibes Cross//Rekordbox//