monome anyone?

Thread: monome anyone?

Default monome anyone?

does anyone here use a monome in their setup?

www.monome.org

just a handmade light up grid of 64, 128, or 256 buttons, but oh so fun and intuitive...

i have a 40h, and am on the waiting list for a 128, long down the line i guessing...

i really love mine. i will never sell it. i want to pass it down to my kids.

i midi sync mlr, a live choping app with traktor's bpm while running it though live's effects via rewire, fun stuff.

anyone else play with one?

sound very cool, i'd love to hear a little more about your setup and how you use it with Traktor/Live.

Ive seen heaps of videos of people using these in completely the wrong way, in the right hands things can be pretty useful, but using them as a step sequencer as alot of people do leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.

I like using the step sequencer with the monome and step64... To me it's very intuitive...

But i still love chopping samples in mlr - it's just too much fun...

you should shoot a video for Dj TT of how you use the monome. i would like to expose more people to that cool concept.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Ive seen heaps of videos of people using these in completely the wrong way, in the right hands things can be pretty useful, but using them as a step sequencer as alot of people do leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.
    All Monome Youtube videos sound like variations on this one to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ld4nAWe728

A self congratulatory masturbatory f*ckin' racket. I haven't seen anyone use one to do anything that couldn't be done in 3 minutes with the tracker editor in Fruityloops. It's such a beautiful device, but it's really a solution looking for a problem.

I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually, and I'll bet the answer will be something along the lines of "If you add a box of sliders and knobs for your right hand and use it with the Monome you can do... THIS!"