HELP with Numark Omni Control and Traktor
    Tech Mentor

Default HELP with Numark Omni Control and Traktor

Hi if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

I got a Omni Control in May this year for use with Traktor Pro.

After a little bit of tinkering to get it working initially everything has been working really well and i have been really enjoying using it.

I came home from work today and thought i would have a little mix, its the first time i had used it for a few weeks as i have been on holiday, i loaded up traktor with everything connected and eberything seemed fine.

BUT then it went mad.

Nothing on the Omni Control matches up with whats on screen. For example the high,mid and low eq pots on screen will be centred (at 12 o'clock) but on the omni control the actual pot will be at 3 o'clock. when the pitch slider on traktor is centred so the track is playing at normal speed (0%) the actual pitch slider on the omni control will be up at -6% (about 3 quarters of the way up) and the light comes on to say its at 0%! The gain pots show as 0db on traktor but on the omni control they are on 3db!

Even stranger is when i try and move one of the jog wheels on the Omni Control it makes all the pots, slider, and controls in traktor move all at the same time and they look like they are shaking.

I have tried loaning different mappings for the omni control and it is still happening.

does anyone know how to solve this or:

1) is my numark omni control broken?
    2) is it just a midi problem?

Tech Mentor

I also have a Omni Control, none of this problems happend to me. Except that the stuff of the screen doesn't match the omni. But that solves when i move one of pots, sliders etc.

I hope you tried rebooting your system. It is good for us to know whether you use Mac or PC. If reboot doesn't work, then try again loading another mapping, but ONLY select Controller Lay-out.

If this doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and re-installing of your drivers. But i doubt if this will work, besides this i don't know how to solve this. If you have Virtual DJ on your system, you can try your MIDI-controller with this software, if this works it is a Traktor Problem. Otherwise it is probably a problem of the Omni or a problem with your MIDI driver.

Hope it helps,
    Risc12

Tech Mentor

no the pots/slider dont line up after i they have been moved not when initially loaded.

i think its the omni or the driver. if its the omni anyone know if numark customer support is any good in the uk

Tech Wizard

It sounds like it may be some sort of MIDI issue to me. I get that whenever I have two MIDI mappings set to the same controller. Make sure that you only have one map set up for your Omni in your controller manager and that the In-Port and Out-Port is set properly.

This is all speculation btw.
    Macbook, Novation Ultranova, Novation Launchpad x2, Behringer BCD3000, Allen & Heath Xone 1D x2 (I'm trying to sell these right now), Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.7 (It's Legal)
    http://www.facebook.com/dynamicsmusic
    http://soundcloud.com/dynamicsmusic

Tech Mentor

no its not a midi issue, jhave tried different mappings, reinstalled traktor, reinstalled drivers tried it on another traktor set up and its still doing it!!!

not sure if it matters, but plug everything in before opening traktor.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

i appreciate your help but i have been using it problem free for 3 months and know how to set it up and you have to have it plugged in to traktor but you launch it.

it has to be a hardware issue as i have tried it across 2 different systems and tried unistalling and reinstalling the drivers. i think the firmware may be screwed.

yeah, it might be.

try making sure that if youre using an external sound card, you have it seleced in the preferences

i know that if im using my comps sound card and i had my external one selected, everything freezes untill i select the right one
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

If i understand you right i think your omni control is prob broken, when i bought mine everything worked initally but after a week the fader wouldn't go to the B deck and so i couldnt fade it from deck to deck i took it back to the shop and they got me to ring numark and they replaced it for me .