Obnoxious Soundcloud promoting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Obnoxious Soundcloud promoting

I know it's been discussed before here and there, but is anyone else driven insane when you get a mix/track shared to you on Soundcloud that was "shared to you and 1,548 other people by someone you don't follow"?!

Does that actually make anyone want to listen to your music? Certainly spamming other people with Soundclouds is more likely to turn people away.

When I click on my dashboard and see a track shared to me and thousands of other people by someone I've never heard of and/or don't care about (and possibly not even a genre I'm particularly fond of), that definitely doesn't make me want to listen to it. In fact, I lose respect for someone I didn't have respect for anyway (negative respect, anyone?).

I don't mean to whine, but it seems to be happening more and more lately.

Just sayin'. Anyone else get annoyed with this?

(Bonus points for people that go around and follow thousands of random people in hopes that they will follow them back. Pssshhh... cue the Myspace effect)
    Last edited by Lambox; 09-14-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Same, ive never listened to something that was shared with me in this manor, its rather annoying getting it spamed to my mailbox too i have to admit

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I just mute the losers.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I just mute the losers.
    +1, If they want me to listen, they will have to contact and actually chat with me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Agreed ... I mean I don't get mad I just ignore. The thing I don't like is when it's someone not following me. Why would I take the time to listen to your track/mix/whatever when you don't take the time to listen to mine?

I understand promoting yourself, but you have to give a little to get a little.

I get tons of these, admittedly if it's of a genre i am into i listen if i like i comment, otherwise I delete the mail, the worst people are the labels, there are a couple who send everything they are going to or have released all at once, drives me fking mental! and not once but two too three times a week.

the other worst types are those who don't comment back~!

drives me nuts!!

i just delete the message, myspace was worse for it than soundcloud,

one thing that irks me is the paid for remix contests, toolroom did one recently where you had to buy the stems from beatport to enter.

Pish Off, if you want fans to submit remixes of usable quality then give them the stems

My blog inbox was full of this, after wading through an already tremendous amount of normal inbox submission rubbish. Ugh. I hate the internet.

+1. I only share tracks to my followers because something tells me they are interested

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast