Setting Up VCI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting Up VCI

Default Setting Up VCI

Ok finally recieved my VCI from DJTT, i must have looked at the utube vidz 100x's on setting this up.. LOL... im still having afew issues...

When i hit my headphone button it lights up and my (main) speakers are BLARING loud... can someone point me in the right direction?

Second thing is no sound out of the headphones!! I have an Audio4 soundcard. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

PS im using traktor pro
    Last edited by kdelca7470; 08-10-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's your audio settings in preferences. I'm not looking at Traktor, but I believe you need to set output channel A to L channel 1 R Channel 2 and B to L Channel 3 R Channel 4. Click on the big gear upper right to get to the preference pane then click on output routing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    It's your audio settings in preferences. I'm not looking at Traktor, but I believe you need to set output channel A to L channel 1 R Channel 2 and B to L Channel 3 R Channel 4. Click on the big gear upper right to get to the preference pane then click on output routing.
    ok... I will give that a shot and see what happens... Once again thank's photo!

Make sure you have your headphones and speakers plugged into the right outs. Then if you go to the preferences pane, you can click setup wizard in the bottom left and it will automatically configure speaker settings and controller settings for you.
    MacBook Pro // VCI-100 Arcade Edition // MidiFighter // Audio 2 DJ // Ultrasone DJ-1

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Make sure you have your headphones and speakers plugged into the right outs. Then if you go to the preferences pane, you can click setup wizard in the bottom left and it will automatically configure speaker settings and controller settings for you.

Darn... thats a good idea. thanks!!!!!!!!!

hey bro, i want to personally thank you for the help today.. headphones still dont work ( but works on my pc headphone jack port) so im gonna go by a brand new set tomm with a true 1/4 in jack output just to make sure that its not the issue with the mini jack setup (or the audio4) i have going thru the 1/4 converter i bought from radio shack.. will let you know the outcome tomm when i get the new ones.....

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try changing the audio routing to internal. Once again I'm not looking at Traktor right now, but I think you select the very first one on the left of the preference pane. Then click on where you selected the Audio 4 as your soundcard. You did do that right? If you did and are able to change it to internal plug you should get sound out of your computer speakers or your computers headphone jack.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Try changing the audio routing to internal. Once again I'm not looking at Traktor right now, but I think you select the very first one on the left of the preference pane. Then click on where you selected the Audio 4 as your soundcard. You did do that right? If you did and are able to change it to internal plug you should get sound out of your computer speakers or your computers headphone jack.

Confirmed this morning that its not my headphones... They infact do work, i hooked them up to my mixdeck, works fine, so for sure i have something set wrong in traktor.

I brought my PC, Vestax, Audio4 and headphones, (even a camera to take a picture of my config so i can post) to work this morning, LOL... I will play around with it and see if i can get something going..

I will try what you stated above and see if that will work!!

Well...you will be Outputting on Channel A.....and Channel B will be for your phones.

Check the sound routing and makde sure that channel B is set to MONITOR and Channel A is set to Master Out.

Hope that helps!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Well...you will be Outputting on Channel A.....and Channel B will be for your phones.

Check the sound routing and makde sure that channel B is set to MONITOR and Channel A is set to Master Out.

Hope that helps!

Update- the above is working!~~~~ Now then, Im wondering if when im connecting my speakers to the Audio4 is somehow shorting out the headphones????

I will take everything home at lunch time and see all works together!!!
    Thanks again to everyone whom replied to this thread......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast