help a fellow dj techtooler out
    Tech Mentor

Default help a fellow dj techtooler out

hi all

after selling my vci and using my cdj's more i have now hooked up my cdj 400 setup through HID connection and am now using traktor pro again and loving it!

question is does anybody have the kontrol x1 with the above set up?

does it work well with everything, is it really plug and play?

also would timecode give me the more "cdj" feel over HID?

thanks all

the x1 is plug and play so there is nothing to worry about. I would choose HID over timecode, but I havent personally tried it.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I'm not familiar with either - what's the difference between HID and timecode?

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    I'm not familiar with either - what's the difference between HID and timecode?
    HID is basically similiar with midicontroler. you send HID data with controls to traktor through data cable (usb), so if you hit play button, in trakktor the play button will be linked to it and gets virtualy pressed as well. So with HID, your CDJ is a controller.

With timecode, you are simulating the same state. how the CD interacts with CDJ> it translates through audio cable as audio signal, so the Traktor then virtualy simulates how the CDJ is working and what it is doing and then it transfers those simulated controls to a Traktor deck.

..... well, those definitions are bit wobbly... nevermind, just go with HID... 's better.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Mentor

Thanks for that, ive had ago of serato through timecode, but i have to say i dont mind using HID, i find the latency is alot better through HID?

might save the bucks and get myself a kontrolx1 then really have some fun..

anyone else use HID setup or timecode or is everyone using midi?