my second mix (deep/tech house)
    Tech Convert

Default my second mix (deep/tech house)

please tell me what you think, some pointers about my mixing would be appreciated too, as im very new there are a couple of mistakes (not too bad) in there, this was my fifth attempt and i was sick of it! hope you enjoy!

Tech Mentor

Not my kind of music, but it sounds good. Try something more difficult next time? This style of mixing is fairly easy to do.

Tech Convert

thanks I dont understand what you mean by more difficult? unless you mean beat juggling etc. which hardly suits the style of music.

Tech Mentor

I'd try different types of transitions, dropping new tracks in, bass swapping, more showy stuff that shows off your skill and entertains. With this type of music it's hard enough to tell where one song ends and another begins. Seems like you're really good at the beatmatched crossfade, but try adding more things to your set. Mix it up!

Tech Mentor

i personally like mixes where you cant tell when one track ends and another starts. i think thats the point of a good mix. nice smooth transitions are what deep tech house sets are all about in my opinion. perhaps other styles of music are more suited for abrupt transitions and beat juggling. If this is only your second mix, youve got it pretty well figured out. keep it up n lookin forward to future posts.
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6