USB 3.0 is Coming

Default USB 3.0 is Coming

Here now lets see how long till hardware manufacturers take advantage of it .

yeah ive read a similar article on techradar.com, i wonder if this is gonna be the end of firewire interfaces??...Kinda makes me want to hold off on upgrading my laptop but end of 09-10 is so damn far away...Grrrrrr...

Yeah, I think you can rest comfortably for at least another year until it pops out, but it is indeed very impressive. I mean, transferring a 25 GB HD movie in less then 70 seconds is impressive.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

my sentiments exactly Emil!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    Yeah, I think you can rest comfortably for at least another year until it pops out, but it is indeed very impressive. I mean, transferring a 25 GB HD movie in less then 70 seconds is impressive.
    whilst this would work in theory I dont think Hard Drives are yet up to this transfer speed.. I know Solid States are starting to show promises of transfer rate but its going to be a while before storage catches up to transfer rate... just look at gigabit ethernet and copying files.. yes its faster but you cant max it out copying 1 file like you would hope.

I wonder how it will fair with latency, its one thing to send huge ammounts of data in a short time, but its another thing to achieve really low latency. I look forward to seeing how it performs with usb 3.0 soundcards

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I look forward to seeing how it performs with usb 3.0 soundcards
    That'll be the first major benefit for our kind! Even still, the USB 3.0 will be backwards compatable which is nice to see.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Well.. actually hard drive band-with is not exactly the root of the problem...
    It's the FSB (Front Speed Bus) that is the bottleneck.

USB 3.0 will be a sweet test now with Intel's new I7 chipset. FSB architecture is gone now.. and Intel'sQuickPath Interconnect, delivering up to 6.4 GT/s should be interesting...
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    Well.. actually hard drive band-with is not exactly the root of the problem...
    It's the FSB (Front Speed Bus) that is the bottleneck.
    I'm not sure which problem you're referring to. At any rate, the FSB (it's Front Side Bus) has nothing to do with the data transfer rate of one storage device to another.