Pitch problem

Thread: Pitch problem

Arrow Pitch problem

Hi guys,

I recently bought the VCI-100 SE. I haven't been able to use at the club due to a small but very frustrating problem.

As I start/restart Traktor Scratch Pro (bought before the VCI) the pitch control i set to +/-0. However as soon as I touch the pitch control on my VCI the percentage goes bananas. +/-0 i reached as I move the pitch to the top position meaning that I only can increase speed.

PLEASE HELP!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try resetting the pitch when you open traktor for the first time. Hold shift and move the pitch fader to center. If it's already in the center move it out and back to center while holding shift. What your describing is a little different from what most people say about the pitch, but it's worth a try.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Great! It work like a charm. Thanks.

If you don't ever go in the negative pitch range, you can start Traktor Pro with the pitch fader in the top position (-8% on a turntable) and you'll see that the pitch moves normally. I think that by default, the DJTT mapping loads Traktor with a pitch setting of 0-16%. Holding shift and moving the pitch fader resets that to -/+8.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Try resetting the pitch when you open traktor for the first time. Hold shift and move the pitch fader to center. If it's already in the center move it out and back to center while holding shift. What your describing is a little different from what most people say about the pitch, but it's worth a try.
    actually this seem slike the same problem I had with the 3_5_1 and even now with the 3_5_2 mapping.

But yes always, ALWAYS check all ur knobs and faders when u startup. It is the same as bands sound-checking to make sure everything works.

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud