Pitch Faders

Thread: Pitch Faders

Default Pitch Faders

When in traktor pro with a vci 100 firmware 1.3 and arcade mode, My pitch faders do not stay accurate with the screen now. When I move the pitch fader all the way up or down the screen only moves the fader about half from center in the program. Tried to reset nothing. Also tried to reload and nothing. What can be the problem. It does not stop me from playing just would like it to read correctly.

That is done on purpose, so that you have +- 8% with the fader but have +- 50% with the Sync button.

If you would like to change it, read the last page of the walkthrough (the PDF in the TSI folder) and it will guide you through the process.

Let us know if this helps.

Phil.

P.S. Great family name :-)
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Is there a way to change the range of the pitch faders? On the upper end CDJs, I use +/- 6% for house music and +/-16% for R&B and others.
    Know thy music ...

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    That is done on purpose, so that you have +- 8% with the fader but have +- 50% with the Sync button.

If you would like to change it, read the last page of the walkthrough (the PDF in the TSI folder) and it will guide you through the process.
    Hi

I would also like to change my pitch faders, But i cannot find any .pdf file that mentions how to do this.
    I have looked in the 1.3 firmware zip i downloaded, plus in the zips for the v2 and v3 mappings.
    Can you let us know where this .pdf is?
    Or how to change the pitch.

Thanks.

Spotta

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you want to see the full range of movement you'll have to edit the tsi. If you have songs that are more than 8% apart in bpm they will not sync until they get to less than 8%.

Click on the big gear logo in the upper right corner to get to the preference pane, then click on the controller manager section inside the preference pane. Once your in the controller manager and click on the control column to sort it by name. Find the tempo controls, should be 12 of them, and change the rotary sensitivity to 100% in all of them. You can double click on the number and type 100 in.

Next go to the Transport section of the preference pane and click on reset pitch range 8%. You can choose one of the other ranges here, but you'll lose sensitivity.

Let us know how it goes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Basically, what we need is LONGER faders!!!
    Know thy music ...

Tech Convert

Amen to longer faders!

If I'm using an external mixer then I map the volume faders so they give +/- 1% so I can get nice tight mixes. I spose they feel that most people use sync buttons and don't need 'em =/

Spotta.
    Last edited by spotta; 08-28-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo

Tech Wizard

Thats a fantastic idea about using the volume faders in the centre of the console for pitch controls. I also use an external mixer. can you guide me through how to do this?

Tech Convert

Hi Wrigh a

I'm using Trkator 1.2.6 and the V2.5 mapping but it should be similar for other versions.

Open up Traktor settings and go to controller manager, under device (top left) choose your VCI-100.
    Then in the assignment table, scroll down until you find the Tempo control (not Tempo bend) for Deck A, highlight it and then hit the 'Duplicate' button. now select the duplicate you just made, click learn and move the volume fader on your VCI. now under the Rotary Encoder section at the bottom reduce the Rotary Sensitivity to about 20%. I find this gives me about +/- 1% fine control using these faders to fine tune the course adjustment of the normal pitch fader. repeat for the other 3 decks.

Spotta
    Last edited by spotta; 09-29-2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: typo
    --
    Spotta Sounds Electro Show every 6pm GMT @ www.jacks-house.com
    Check the last 6 shows here

Tech Wizard

Fantastic i will give this a go !!!