Serato 2.1 (Update) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    took less that 5 minutes to DL, install, restart, and have running.

got all the basic controls down and ive seen ppl and friends using it for hours so im already pretty comfortable with it. its pretty much traktor with no synk

question though: I see only one horizontal deck, the rest os just the browser. I tried going through the setup button but i cant see anytihng that will let me add a second deck or configure my waveforms to horizontal or verticle

any thoughts?
    you need to hook up the serato box to "activate" the program for the 2nd deck. With no box hooked up your in offline mode and can only analyse tracks, set up cue points and make playlist
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    you need to hook up the serato box to "activate" the program for the 2nd deck. With no box hooked up your in offline mode and can only analyse tracks, set up cue points and make playlist
    thanks mate!

ill jsut wait to get back to my college town and meet up with friends that have it like u said before

thanks again!

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

I use traktor HID mode with my cdj 400's

but a friend of mine showed me serato through timecodes and i am very impressed with how real timecode's feel!!!

with HID i feel like my cdj is a big midi controller i like the feel of cdj's

First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    Wait... your saying serato is free?
    aha classic
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    aha classic
    yeah I LOL too. I find it funny that a lot of djs that use traktor dont know jack about serato.

JesC: QUALITY POST!

I own Traktor Scratch Pro, but I love that I can go anywhere and use other peoples' gear to DJ with Serato.

Do it, even if you're primarily using midi. Install SSL, analyze your track collection, play around with the single deck and learn the keyboard shortcuts.

And get more gigs than anyone else without hauling your entire setup around by being flexible. It's the professional thing to do.

If I can't practise mixing at home without buying the hardware then I'll pass...

Plus, I haven't got enough time to use, maintain and learn 2 seperate systems.

Plus, I'm happy with what Traktor provides. I can haul my system around in a laptop backpack and set it up anywhere with or without CDJs, turntables or Serato...

And I should add that, in the UK, I've never actually played a venue that has an SSL box built in.

...but that of course is just my own subjective experience. I'm sure users of other DVS feel the same about their DVS.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 08-13-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Look im just trying to keep it real. Here in Los Angeles, and for most of the USA...us traktor/midi dj are looked at sd "button pushers" & are refered as 2nd class djs next to Serato DJs.

Im really tired of djs asking how do I get gigs and how do I get my foot in the club. Well here it is, LEARN how to use Serato! and once you become a superstar dj then you can play on what ever tickles your pickle! To play in this game you have to be 2 steps ahead. What if some other dj is a no show and you have to do a set on cds? or Serato? and there is no room for your digital setup?

After I get back from the DJ Expo Ill show you what I have in my DJ bag.

Macbook Pro/VCI-100/Audio 8 & 2/Serato & Traktor Vinyl Timecodes/CD Booklet with Regular CDs & Serato & Traktor CD Timecodes/Needles & Slipmats/Flashlight and a midget!

No worries mate! Circumstances differ. I just reckon that, in the UK, having a Serato 'backup' isn't necessary! Any other UK jocks think the same/different?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I've heard that Serato is about as popular in Europe as Traktor is here in the states. Which is to say it's isn't really. Confirm/deny?

SSL is the default kit here. I'd estimate that I've met probably one Traktor Scratch user for every five Serato users.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast