Serato 2.1 (Update) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    I've heard that Serato is about as popular in Europe as Traktor is here in the states. Which is to say it's isn't really. Confirm/deny?

SSL is the default kit here. I'd estimate that I've met probably one Traktor Scratch user for every five Serato users.
    ive actually herd quite the opposite.

Traktor is the sominant force in europe while here in the states its Serato.

in fact i dont think i have seen any big name people (originally from the states) not use serato live. Rusko himself uses traktor
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    yeah I LOL too. I find it funny that a lot of djs that use traktor dont know jack about serato.
    And vice versa.

a midget!
    Please can i get out of the bag soon JesC

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    No worries mate! Circumstances differ. I just reckon that, in the UK, having a Serato 'backup' isn't necessary! Any other UK jocks think the same/different?
    I have Serato on my laptops. Only used it a couple of times.
    But i dont think its necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    I've heard that Serato is about as popular in Europe as Traktor is here in the states. Which is to say it's isn't really. Confirm/deny?
    Traktor out sells Serato by loads in Europe.
    Doesnt mean that there arent lots of SSL users out there, cus there are.
    Its just the more younger DJs are using Traktor. Thats my experience as a club promoter and working DJ. Older DVS users have SSL in there 1000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Rusko himself uses traktor
    He does, quite badly at that.

I think its a shame that a thread about the new SSL degrades into a Traktor vs SSL slog...

I wanna know about SSL and the users experiences not why people chose Traktor over SSL.

Just my grumpy 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Traktor out sells Serato by loads in Europe.
    Doesnt mean that there arent lots of SSL users out there, cus there are.
    Its just the more younger DJs are using Traktor. Thats my experience as a club promoter and working DJ. Older DVS users have SSL in there 1000s.
    Must be nice to have a certified mixer or an installed A8 in the clubs. As a Traktor rat I would love for that to be the case in the States.

While I love taking nothing but a hard drive and headphones to the venue to play someone else's SSL rig, I feel neutered playing it. I spend more time and energy beatmatching than I would with Traktor (I'll say it, beatmatching bores me), and Traktor's very robust beatgridgrid and loop/jump section is a foundation to the way I mix.

But I will say that I've gotten opportunities to play places that would have refused me if I had said something like "nah, I only know Traktor."

These places are lame and the other DJ's who run operations like this are not very cool, but to me a solid gig is a solid gig.

i havnt heard rusko mix, but mixing dubstep is uber easy because 9 out of 10 times the intro and break down of a song will be 32 beats long
    just hit play and/ or fade to the middle and the cut out the first song on the drop

if rusko cant do that its because he's high while playing. and if he cant do it when hes not high....ouch
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Please can i get out of the bag soon JesC

I think its a shame that a thread about the new SSL degrades into a Traktor vs SSL slog...

I wanna know about SSL and the users experiences not why people chose Traktor over SSL.

Just my grumpy 2cents.

Sorry Karlos, your staying in the bag! Im taking you to the DJ Expo at the Jersey Shore! LOL

But lets see, my user exp on Serato 2.1
    Super Knobs work great, i dont have a dicer so i cant comment. My HC-1000s is more reliable and doesnt crap like it did pre 2.1. Audio sounds the same with the SL1, its about CD quality (i know it depends on bit rate of my mp3s) but to my ears thats how it sounds. My latency is at 5ms or 1/4 on the slider.

Havent mess with the chained fx's because im not a real fan, but I will try it and respond back. TBH serato is catching up to traktor in the fx's world and its nice to see that they are taking a serious look at midi. I cant wait until they take internal mode more serious and it will be knocking on Traktors door.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DL'd it because I havent tried it out yet.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by Fracas View Post
    DL'd it because I havent tried it out yet.
    Dope!

you need to hook up the serato box to "activate" the program for the 2nd deck. With no box hooked up your in offline mode and can only analyse tracks, set up cue points and make playlist
    whoa never heard about this. thats awesome thats what i always wanted w/ serato. never had the dough to grab a serato box, but i always wanted to have the software on deck just in case i need it for some club. this "offline mode" sounds awesome, ill check it out this weekend

Tech Guru

Here is my secret to getting gigs....be flexible! .
    man thats way more information than i wanted about you jesse
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    man thats way more information than i wanted about you jesse
    Not a word from you sir! You go to my gigs, we get drunk at dirty bars and you like my friend berries! I have pictures to prove it...dont make me post them!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast