Futureshop selling numark equipment
    Tech Mentor

Default Futureshop selling numark equipment

Hey guys,

So I was reading some weekly flyers just a couple of minutes ago and opened up the future shop one first.(Of course the electronics one first!) So half way through the flyer I couldn't believe what I saw. I saw a Numark mixdeck advertised for 699 and a Numark Mixtrack for 299. So my first impression was "WTF?!?!" haha knowing that I checked with long & mcquade the day before, they were selling the Mixdeck for 899. So now I'm saying to myself "How the hell can future shop be selling dj equipment now AND at a lower price than the music store that I go to?"

Well tell me about your opinion about future shop selling actual dj equipment. You think it's bad or good? Instant djs from this or not. Just make it a good read!

Numark Mixdeck-Future Shop: 699.99
    http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...4c482019c8en02

Long & Mcquade: 899.99
    http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/7407/

Oh yea, Just saw this RIGHT now(too bad I missed the contest!!!) but when I read the first page of comments, I laughed at a couple of them
    Link- http://www.futureshopforums.ca/t5/Br...st/ba-p/215915
    Last edited by r0bust; 08-13-2010 at 01:00 AM.

amazon has the mixtrack for 150 at the moment
    i just happen to have checked that before opening this thread
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Numark-MixTrack-DJ-Controller/dp/B003UVASTO]clicky[/ame]
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    amazon has the mixtrack for 150 at the moment
    i just happen to have checked that before opening this thread
    clicky

Yea, I seen that yesterday. Too bad most of the stuff on amazon.com don't ship to Canada

They sell M-Audio Equipment as well. As well usually lower End Sony DAW programs like Acid 7 I think express or something. I bought it there for like 60$. They even sell Pioneer CDj's there :-)

Equipment though usually is a special order item or order through the website

PS their prices are also higher then you direct dealer.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Wizard

Best Buy (the USA futureshop equivalent) started selling dj gear too. They have the stanton scs system, maudio torq xponent, and many interfaces

best buy has? really? huh...i was hoping they would start selling midi gear at some point, but then all the kiddies would see them and want to buy them. giving us an even worse reputation
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dubgiant View Post
    Best Buy (the USA futureshop equivalent) started selling dj gear too. They have the stanton scs system, maudio torq xponent, and many interfaces
    No offense or anything but the scs system and the xponent would totally catch my eye with all of those buttons and cool leds if I was 12 again lool! But yea, the trade off is kids thinking they're real djs with very few of them being talented! Right guys?