what is the effect parameters for a good freeze delay
    Tech Mentor

Default what is the effect parameters for a good freeze delay

hey all i am trying to custom map my maschine and i cant figure out the settings to get a midi-fighter type freeze delay. i have traktor pro and i have set up the delay in fx 4 in advanced mode. i would like to know the amounts on the dry/wet, filter, feedback, rate and which buttons are depressed in the effect. Sorry if its been asked before but i searched and couldnt find it anywhere

I don't remember the exact settings I use, but playing around with it for a few minutes is all it takes to learn it.

I know for a fact that a 100% wet signal is waaaaaay too much and generally keep that between 50-75%. Rate is usually kept on either 1/8 or 1/4, but sometimes to add texture the 3/16 works beautifully.

If you have an extra knob/rotary to spare, try to map it to the feedback knob to adjust the decay as needed. I find myself adjusting this one the most. Sometimes I want a huge decay over 16 bars or so, then on some transitions or accents a smaller decay like 1 bar is more suitable.

Also, a lot of people map their wet/dry knob to activate the freeze button at 100%. It's pretty epic if you use it with restraint.

Just get in there and twist some knobs to find what works with the way you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad_webb_87 View Post
    hey all i am trying to custom map my maschine and i cant figure out the settings to get a midi-fighter type freeze delay. i have traktor pro and i have set up the delay in fx 4 in advanced mode. i would like to know the amounts on the dry/wet, filter, feedback, rate and which buttons are depressed in the effect. Sorry if its been asked before but i searched and couldnt find it anywhere
    Last edited by PartyMcFly; 08-13-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: I thought of something else to add!

Use advanced effected mode, load up a regular delay. Turn the dry wet to about 10 o'clock. Set the filter in the 60's, feedback around 40, and the rate at 4/4. Then turn the feedback button on .Then tweak the settings a little to getting sounding how you want it. That's pretty much it, just map the effect's on/off to whatever button you want to control it with, and there you have it.

i use
    deley
    dry wet at 100%
    parameter 1 at 12 o clock (50)
    parameter 2 at 12 o clock (50)
    and i think i have the rate at 1/8 normally, but that changes
    also make sure to hit the 'freeze (frz)' button before the 'on' button

EDIT: this is for cutting out a song and letting it echo out! not like how the midifighter uses it (thats why the wet/dry is at 100)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.